Thursday, March 15, 2018

3/15/18..Left Pam and Dick's, traveled to Logan, Ohio and spent the night at a Baymont Hotel.

Pammie, Dick, me and Bill.  The fish on the fireplace was a piece of driftwood Pammie bought at a driftwood shop for $20.  Dick made it into this fish. He made the TV stand.  it has sailboats carved in the shelves on the back.  The fireplace opening on the left is gas, and there is another behind us which is for burning wood.

I took this picture while we were driving.  We stopped at the next exit and the guy in the gas station told Sue it has been on the Andy Griffith Show.  I will have to check it out.  

Entering into Virginia

Love the mountains

Went through two tunnels.  They still have snow but it was 60 degrees out..

In the tunnel.  I can't go through a tunnel without thinking of Jack Bauer on 24  since watching it.
We got ready in the cabin. Headed to the house and noticed Dick was in his workshop.  Stopped to say good morning.  He was cutting wood for pens that Bill wants to make.  Bill ordered wood but it came in a big piece.  We went in the house and Pammy had everything ready for breakfast.  She wanted to make eggs but we told her we wanted cereal.  We had delicious homemade toast with it and homemade jam.  Also had yogurt and fresh raspberries, blueberries and strawberries.  We took some pictures together and then We walked back to the cabin.  Pam and I went in to get my earrings and check that we had everything.  On our way out, she gave me a beautiful large wooden Bible Box Dick had carved and made.  They had one in their house she has showed me.  A Catholic Diocese in New York had wanted him to make 1000 for them.  He didn’t want to get into making that amount.  She also gave us a beautiful picture of their lake.  We thanked them and gave our hugs goodbye and left.  Shortly after we were on the road, we saw a beautiful Eagle right close to the road sitting in a tree.  I took a picture of a Rocky Mountain peak and when we stopped the guy at the gas station said it was on the Andy Griffith Show.  Will have to check that out.  When we got into The mountains in Virginia, there were flashing signs over the road saying there was a high wind advisory.  Those were some strong winds!  We  Stopped and ate lunch at a Cracker Barrel.  Drove until 6:30 p.m.  Got to Logan, Ohio and stayed at a Baymont.  There was a Walmart just across the road and down a little bit.  I returned the baby stuff I had gotten for Chris and Angie's baby and forgot at our condo.  Also found some yarn I really like for dishcloths. Got Arby's which is right across from our hotel too and brought it back to the hotel to eat.  No one wanted to swim, but I needed exercise and the girl said the pool temp was 86 degrees, so I went by myself.  I almost didn't go because we were at one end of the building and the pool was at the other.  I did though and the water was so warm and nice.  I swam for a long time.  This couple came in and she asked me how the water was.  I told her it was warm, but they just got in the hot tub.
I swam longer and then got in the hot tub with them.  We started talking and they were from Ohio, but have been to Bronner's several time and have been to the Mackinaw Bridge, Island and Grand Hotel.  They told me they have been to Ann Arbor for games too.  I told them I have been in Ann Arbor lots and started telling them about Melissa and how God healed her.  When I told them she had had Gullian Barre' Syndrome, I said have you ever heard of that and they said yes, she had had it too.  They wanted to hear every detail about Melissa and said several times how happy they were that she was doing great now.  The lady didn't have it as bad as Melissa, but still had it bad.  Her husband was a dentist and said it was horrible for her to go through.  They were the nicest people.  I sure am glad I went swimming so I could meet them.

No comments: