Wednesday, August 17, 2016

8/17/16 At the campground..just Mocha and me


Roadside park I stopped to eat lunch at

We had a downpour at the campground. This is the road if you go to the right before where chapel is.  Greg would have been swimming if he was parked where he was.

One lonely tent and the ground was dry by it
Across from the park model we stayed in one year

By the playground in the back
Campers down road by back gate



Quiet after the rain.  Our screen tent is on the left.

I had to put the awning down myself because the said rain with wind gusts up to 60 mph could be coming.  It never did, but would rather be safe than sorry
After breakfast, I went for a walk around the campground.  When I got back I rode my bike around.  It rained after I got back.  Didn't rain very long.  When it stopped, I went to Shopko and walked around.  Then went to Taco Bell and got my favorite double decker supreme and a free senior ice tea. Drove toward AuGres
and stopped at a roadside park my great grandma Daisy and grandpa Adam took me to when I was little.  Went to Amish Barn right before AuGres.  Had fun walking through and looking at everything.  Stopped at the thrift store, Family Dollar and Family Fare and the came back to campground.  Ate grilled barbecue chicken strips, a baked potato and salad for supper.  Then it poured.  It stopped for a minute so put the awning down.  Went for another walk and took pictures.  Talked to Vikki and Peyton and Isaac did good at their school orientation.  The teacher commented on how well behaved they were and how smart.  Couldn't believe the didn't go to preschool.  Vikki has done a great job with them.  They know to listen and follow directions really well


1 comment:

Vikkis Blog said...

Wow! I didn't know it rained that much! Geez!