Sunday, July 23, 2017

7/22/17...Spent the day at Rock the Island....Newsboys were there and Love and the Outcome....two of my favorite Christian Groups


At Rock the Island today!  Lots of friends from our Faith Rider's Group came!  Vikki and her family and Melissa and her family (plus Ginny's four children) came.  What a fun day! Kimmy and her family left for their Copper Harbor Vacation!  She has been keeping me posted on their trip there!  Miss her already!
Don Jr., Bill, me, and Elaine

We had a really good turn out to help work in our Faith Riders Booth at Rock the Island


Rody, Isaac and Vikki
Yay!  Look who is using our Camper we brought for them to change and cool down in.  Love and the Outcome...One of my favorite's....Love their songs, especially "You've Got to know, the God I know.  

Took a picture of Kenzie and then she wanted to take a picture of me





Kenzie and Vikki

Isaac looking back

Love and the Outcome....the ones that used our camper this day.  Vikki got this off their page

Melissa, Kathy, me, Pastor Weldon and Vikki  (Friends from way back and our Pastor from 1990-1995)  Loved seeing them there

Hailey and Ally, BFF's forever....I always get hugs and a picture of them when I see them


Luke and Max

Daniel and Evan

Tyler and Jack

Daniel, Jack, Tyler, Max and Luke


Evan sitting at our Faith Rider's Booth
Melissa and Bruce brought all of these beautiful children with them

Newsboys

Jack and Tyler

Daniel and Evan

Max and Luke
Isaac
Love and the Outcome singing

Love and the Outcome

Tyler, Daniel, Jack, Evan, Melissa and Bruce

The Newsboys singing!  What a great concert!


Hailey and Ally with the Newsboys before the concert!  Ally's dad got a free back stage pass for them

Bruce with them too!

The Drummer (Duncan) with Kenzie

Got ready and packed the stuff for our booth at Rock the Island.  It was raining when we got there.  Barb gave me a poncho to wear so I could keep sort of dry.  We set up and sat under the booth and also in the truck for a while until it stopped raining around noon.  Kenzie and I walked around and took pictures on the dock.  Vikki went to our house for me to make sure Mocha was in her cage and also to get my raincoat and flip flops.  She also got Kenzie's hula hoop.  She was coming later and was going to bring them too me.  I was so happy she did that for me.  Then Bill wanted me to run home to get more CMA brochures for our table.  I talked to Vikki and she insisted that she would go back and get them and also bring Bill's raincoat and crocs.  What a sweetie she is.  She got them and then came to the Island early to drop them off.  Bill and I met her and got them from her and she left.  Bill and I walked around with Kenzie then.  Bill and I got hotdogs and Kenzie only wanted a lemonade.  We went back and Kenzie hula hooped for us.  She is really good at it.
Walked around more and went to see Chrystal and her boyfriend at the Bethlehem booth.  It was nice and stayed pretty cool because it was cloudy after the rain.  Vikki, Rody and Isaac got there around 2.  Peyton stayed with Grammy because of her fractured foot.  We sure missed her.  We sat our chairs up so we would have good seats for the concerts and then walked around more.  Melissa, Bruce and the kids (they brought Ginny's four kids too) came and sat behind us.  The kids were all so well behave.  Melissa and Bruce walked around and I watched the kids for a little while.  I passed out snacks to them and they were so happy and polite.  Hailey and Ally got to meet the Newsboys and have their picture taken with them.  They were so excited.  Bruce got his picture with them too.  They signed their shirts too.  I was so happy for them.  They are such nice girls.  Love and the Outcome sang great songs and I loved listening to them and worshipping.  The Newsboys were the last group and were amazing as usual.  I loved all of their songs and everyone was worshipping the Lord.  I videoed some to show Jacob, Adam and Eli when they get back from Copper Harbor.  We went to get our camper's (Wes and us) and we were blocked in by cars  and campers in front of us.  Wes had yummy nectarines left in his camper and water bottles.  We only had a big box with plates and tossed food in ours.  The wife (Love and the Outcome) is 9 months pregnant...so they didn't have leftover food ha ha!  Got the camper ready so the slide outs could come in.  I looked out and saw one of the Newsboys talking to some people, so I told Kenzie to have Papa take her picture with him.  He left before they could get to him.  Then we were trying to have someone find out whose cars were blocking our way and we saw the drummer out.  I told Kenzie to come and we would get her picture with him.  We were too late; he went in their big bus. I did pray he would come back out so I could get Kenzie's picture with him before we left. 
We finally got someone to move a car so the guys could get our trucks in and hook them up to the campers.  Wes had to back his camper up first and had to back in a big circle and miss campers.  Bill was on one side and I was on the other directing Wes, and Kenzie was sitting in our truck waiting.  I saw the Newsboy's drummer come out so hurried to the truck to get Kenzie.  She ran up to him and asked if she could get a picture with him.  He was very nice and asked her her name and shook her hand and said you're the hula girl aren't you.  Then he held his had out for me to shake and said and you are...and I filled in her grandma.  I took a couple of pictures and then he said he had to check them out and grabbled my camera to look at them.  He was very nice!  Kenzie was so happy and so was I.  Thanked the Lord too!  



No comments: