Sunday, July 23, 2017

7/23/17...Went to church and then went to the Warrior Appreciation Rally for Veterans in Frankenmuth,

Miss Joan gave all my kids sunglasses today!  They love Miss Joan! Isaac is third from the left, and Peyton and Evan are fourth and fifth from the right!  Love having grandkids in my class
We walked along here and Bill enjoyed talking to the veterans at all the tables

Two of my favorite Veterans...Bill and Doug.  Doug was a gunner who was hit by a suicide bomber in Iraq.  He is a miracle and now share's his testimony of what God has done and is doing in his life.  Two amazing men of God!  So proud of both of them

Bill and Debbie.  Debbie, Tom and Sharon were volunteers who cooked hot dogs.

Vikki in her hammock at the park

She is pointing at me in my hammock.  Silly girl!

I took a picture of Vikki in her hammock.
We went to church.  It was an exciting day because we got to see the video made of the Summer of Service and VBS last week.  What amazing youth, kids and adult helpers we had.  After that they excused the kids.  I taught Sunday School today.  I had twelve kids.  They were excited to get sunglasses from Miss Joan at the end of my class.  After church we had cake to celebrate the great week of service to the community and VBS.  Lots of new visitors at church today which was great.  After church, Bill and I went to Frankenmuth for the Warrior Appreciation Rally.  Doug was asked to do the prayer and we saw him and his family out there and talked with them a lot.  Charlotte, The little girl in my class in the pink skirt in the picture, was happy because I told her i was going to be there.  She had told her parents I was coming, so loved it when she saw me.  She is such a sweetie!
They had free hotdogs, cheese, popcorn, cotton candy, tea, orange drink and lemonade and water for everyone.  We enjoyed walking around talking to veterans.  It was nice seeing Debbie and Tom while they made our hotdogs.  Very good thing to volunteer for.
When we got home, Bill took a nap, so Vikki and I went to Meijer's to see if they still had hammocks on sale for the kids birthday.  They didn't so will have to watch for a sale again.  We went and got a concrete mixer at Culver's and then went to Walmart so I could get sunglasses and Vikki could look at backpacks for Peyton if they were on sale.  After we left there, I took her back to her car at Meijer's and we went to the park find a place for our hammocks.  We saw a perfect circle of trees, but it looked like poison ivy was growing around a couple of the trees.  Not sure, but leaves of three we let it be!!!  We walked to check some trees farther back but didn't find any where we wanted.  Wanted to be in the sunny area so we wouldn't have mosquitos.  Walked back and walked up the big hill and then saw a couple of trees we like. Put our hammocks up and relaxed and had fun!  Came home and played 3-13 with Bill and he beat me bad.

No comments: