Saturday, November 21, 2015

11/21/15 Celebrated Thanksgiving today! So much to be thankful for!

So happy Sue and Chuck came over to celebrate with us.  Love this picture of her and Isaac

Ten blessings from the Lord I am so very thankful for.


Fun playing Apples to Apples.  Such a fun family I am so very thankful for.


Girl cousin time!


Aunt Missy and Eli

Hailey

Evan, Peyton and Isaac

Uncle Bruce showing Jacob something on his phone

Cocoa time for the grandkids!  Poor Peyton burned herself drinking hers.  She finished it when it was cold though.  One of the kids only got 1 marshmallow because I ran out and Jacob gave them one of his.  He is so thoughtful.   

Jacob and Isaac being blessings and picking up the legos.  

Fun family dictionary time.  We had such a good time.

Peyton and Evan very carefully putting the dominoes in the box so the cover will fit.

Love this picture of Peyton!  Cute of Evan except he wasn't looking at me.

Love this picture of both of them!  Happy Evan gave me such a nice smile this time.


These pictures are worth a thousand words.  None of the girls had scrapers in their cars so the guys had to use brooms.  It took us a while to find ours too, but now they are in our car.


Got up at 6 and started preparing the Thanksgiving meal.  Started making dressing and realized I didn't thaw out any burger for it.  Went downstairs and found a small pack so put it in a dish and defrosted it in the microwave.  Then cooked it on the stove.  Stuffed one turkey ( I could only get 14 lb. ones for the 59 cents a pound this year so bought two.  When I went to get the other turkey out of the basement frog,  I thought it felt like it wasn't quite thawed.  Went to take innerds out and they had a packet of gravy stuffed in it that was frozen solid.  I put the turkey in water to thaw it and it only took about a half hour.  Got the ham cut off the bone and going in the crockpot.  Got ready and did my hair and then peeled potatoes  Had the food all set when the kids got here.  Happy when Kimmy, Jared and the boys got here.  Jacob played a lot of songs on his clarinet.  Lots of Christmas ones too.  He is amazing as he has only been playing 3 weeks and knows so many songs and plays so well.  I loved listening to him.  Very proud of him.  Took videos of everyone.  Kimmy made the punch for me.  She also brought two delicious apple pies.  Adam made one by himself and cut the apples for the other one.  They were so good.  Melissa and her family and Vikki and her family got here around noon  Bruce got called into work so we quickly got all the food ready and Bill cut the turkeys. Kimmy and Jared did the potatoes, Kenzie wanted to make the gravy also the second batch of punch. Chuck and Sue got here just in time to pray with us and then we ate.  Bruce left, but wasn't gone too long.  We had our dessert after we rested a while and let our food settle.  Then we played Apples to Apples and then pictionary.  So much fun with this special family God has blessed us with and special friends too.  When the kids went to leave, there was lots of ice and snow on their cars.  None of them had a brush or scraper in their cars.  Bill looked in our car and we didn't have one either.  At least I did know where mine was and told Bill so he got it for them.  They had to use the broom for a scraper too.  They all made it safely home.  God is so wonderful and Awesome.  I give Him thanks for who He is and what He has done for me.  I also thank Him for my girls, son-in-laws and grandchildren and so much more.  Could write a book on all He has done for me and my precious family.  We are truly blessed.

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

Thank you for all the yummy food!! You make the day special:) I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!