Saturday, November 7, 2015

11/7/15....Emily and Derek's wedding day! Yay!









Emily and Derek's first dance as Mr. and Mrs.
Love this picture of Pastor Ken an Joan.




Best Cherry Pie Ever!



Loved sitting with these special friends and so nice to see Emily while she is home.

These sweet and amazing guys ended up at our table too.  So fun watching them dance and have a good time.

Went to the dollar store to get some cards I need to mail out, then came home and got ready for the wedding.  So excited to be a part of Emily and Derek's special day.  We got to the Dow Diamond and the girls in the bridal party were out having pictures taken.  It was pretty windy.  We went in and they had it all set up for the wedding in front of the big fireplace.  They had comfy chairs with beautiful white covers and bows.  About 6 rows with 15 chairs in each row on both sides of the aisle.  Pastor Jeff started the wedding while Pastor Ken and Emily's biological dad gave her away together.  Pastor Ken did the rest of the service then.  He had told us before hand that he was going to try hard not to cry while doing the service.  He did a great job!  Bill and I put on phones on vibrate before the service, but during it surri on my phone went off, saying Penny I didn't get that.  How embarrassing!
I had my small purse so got it turned off right away.  Don't know how that happened but lessoned learned is I will turn my phone completely off at events from now on.  Bill was on one side of me looking at me like it was my fault, and sweet Christine was on the other side of me, hugging me and telling me hers did that in church one time.  Sure glad she was there.  Marti and Sophie were glad because it reminded them to turn their phones off ha ha.  After the service, we all went upstairs where they had snacks and drinks.  We sat with Sophie, Marti, and Sam.  The guy called Bill about the washing machine for Vikki, so we left to go check it out.  It was beautiful and so nice.  They were only selling it because his wife wanted a top loader. Praise the Lord!  Rody and Bill are picking it up after church tomorrow.  We went back to the wedding and went back upstairs for a little while longer.  Visited with Emily Nelson for a while and some other friends, then it was time for all of us to go back downstairs.  They had moved the chairs from the service to tables and had it decorated beautifully.  We each got a box made from Derek's grandma's secret recipes.  I got cherrie and dad got apple.  Jeff Davis ate his so his box was empty.  When Jeff Ralph left the table, dad put the empty box in his place and took his pie.  It took a while, but right when we were leaving Jeff discovered it and got his pie back.  Bill was going to give it to him at church tomorrow if he didn't notice.  At our round table it was, John and Erin Galsterer, me and Bill, Jeff and Debbie, Paul and Denise, and Catherine and Jeff.  Emily and Derek danced and started out slow and then did some pretty good moves, and then she danced with her biological dad.  He read some sweet memories of her first.  They did a couple of dance moves too.  I was thinking Pastor had to be sad and that they should have split the song and had pastor dance with her during half of it.  Then the next song, Pastor danced.  It was precious!  They didn't have any fancy moves, but danced slow and as they talked she would keep patting his back lovingly.  Then they gave each other a big kiss.  Erin and I had tears in our eyes and I am sure many other did too.  It was so precious.  We left and when we got home we watched the movie, Silver Bells.  It was very good.

1 comment:

Vikkis Blog said...

So funny about Siri hahaha
I love all the pictures!!! Looks like a beautiful wedding. Nice people at your table!!!