Friday, November 27, 2015

11/25/15 Left to go spend a couple of days at the Shack

Sue, Louise and I at Jenny's Restaurant in Shepherd
I

Bill and Charlie at Jenny's Restaurant

The back porch at the Shack.  It was warm and nice when I started my walk

The porch facing the other direction

It was so beautiful on Wednesday when we got there.  This is right out our window

Decided to go for a walk

Went on this Gazebo as I walked

This was along the trail.  Cute little bear planter

I came to the little chapel

Went inside and spent some time praying for Kenzie.  Then prayed for all my other dear grandkids, kids and son in laws.  Loved the Bible on the table and the other book.

These three swans were beautiful.  There were lots geese too.



This walk was absolutely beautiful and so peaceful.  Just what I needed

I got all the way around and Sue called my phone, so I walked it again with her.  Everyone was in their room resting when I left


We went to Charlie and Sue's at 9:45 to leave to go to the Shack in Jugsville.  Louise met us there and we rode in her van.  Bill drove.  We stopped at Jenny's Restaurant in Shepherd for breakfast. They make the best breakfast and it was delicious.  Left there and went through Blanchard where Praise Unto Jesus used to be.  We went through Canadian Lakes where Bill and the kids ran with the Fisher's when they were young.  We got to the Shack, unpacked and everyone wanted to rest.  I wasn't tired, so I went for a nice walk around the trails.   Walked around a second time with Sue.  I needed exercise so I was happy about that.  Got back and shopped in the little shop for a while.   At 6:15, we went the the dining room to eat.  They had delicious chicken, tender yummy beef, mashed potatoes, green beans, salad, rolls.  We sure were full after that.  They played cards and I knitted a dishcloth after that.  At 8:30 we went back there for amazing banana splits. They had about 12 different flavors to choose from.  I picked 1 scoop chocolate, and 2 of white chocolate raspberry.  Then I put strawberries, pineapple and chocolate on it Marv (who is almost 82) and his wife Jeanette (87) were serving.  He scooped and she cut the bananas.  Bill poured water for people and kept ice in it.  He did this both nights.  I helped with some things and got Bill his banana split.  Charlie, Sue, Louis and I ate ours and drank coffee with it.  It was so delicious.  We went back to our rooms after that.  Bill and I enjoyed the hot tub in our room.  Watched a Hallmark Movie and went to bed.

No comments: