Thursday, November 5, 2015

11/5/15 It was in the 70's today and we went on a motorcycle ride to Blanchard where Praise unto Jesus was.

Riding to Blanchard

Had a nice group of us.  10 bikes and 13 people riding on this beautiful day.

In Blanchard...Woody left right before the picture and Larry Kirkpatrick left after dinner at Maxfieldns so two are missing.

Missing these two sweeties!
We met at Saginaw Valley Community Church at 10 am.  Bill Kozan got a group of us together to ride to Maxfield's Restaurant (one of my favorite restaurants because the food is delicious) and Blanchard.  It was warm when we started out so didn't even have to have lots of layers on.  Amazing for November.  We had 5 Faith Riders, 3 Trinity Riders and the rest were from the church.  Larry Kirkpatrick rode with us.  He was a radio announcer on Family Life Radio in 2000-2002.  I had called him for prayer for Melissa at the station one night.  I remember when he first came on, I didn't really care for his voice a whole lot.  Then as I kept listening, I loved how he always glorified the Lord, talked about his family, prayed for people who called in, and played wonderful songs.  Soon he was my favorite.  Probably because I listened to him a lot when Melissa was at her worst and then miraculously healed made a connection to.  Anyway, I was sure happy to meet him.  So was Bill. On the way to the restaurant, I prayed that God would have Bill and I sit by him.  When we got to Maxfield's, we went to the room in the back and there were round table that sat 6 people.  I headed to the one Hope was at, but Bill said no lets sit by Elaine (she is new in our Faith Rider's) so I said ok and went to the table he was heading for.  Then Larry came over and sat right at our table.  We got to share about Melissa with him and I got to share how much God used him when we went through all of that.  Come to find out, he and his wife just moved to McCarty Rd a  couple of miles from us this year.  God really blessed our day and our ride.  We went to Blanchard next and walked through some stores.  Then we headed home.  The sun was shining and it was such a warm ride going home.  We rested at home for a while and then went to our Officer's meeting for Faith Riders.  Had a good meeting and had fun with everyone.

There's a house on McCarty Rd. just a little ways past Hospital Rd. that always put a big manger out and sign saying "Christ the Savior is Born" at Christmas time.  This year I noticed the house up for sale.  I was sad because I didn't want Christians to be moving away, so prayed God would have Christians buy it.  Well, Larry told us where he moved to this summer, and it was the very same house.  God was so good letting me know He answered my prayer.  What are the chances of me meeting the very person who bought it.  Amazing!

No comments: