Sunday, August 12, 2018

8/12/18, Went to church, went to Masonic home to witness and show residents the bikes, went to eat, went to Visit Melissa, Went to Vikki's.



After we arrived at the Masonic Home in Alma. 

We talked with the residents while they looked at our bikes.  Witnessed and visited with the residents.  We met some very nice people who touched our hearts in such a special way

View from the front porch

Getting ready to leave

Great food at this Mexican Restaurant in Alma called Cancun.
It was so nice having Matt and Lupe with us.  Matt is doing amazing after his motorcycle accident.  He is a miracle. 
Peyton and Isaac

We went to church.  Joan was really sweet and came and talked to me about Melissa and was so caring and gave me a big hug.  The worship was awesome and the Holy Spirit really moved.  I went back and had a good lesson with my kiddos.  After church, we came home and ate and then met everyone at Meijer's.  We had eight bikes, and 13 of us all together. Barb his a volunteer at the Masonic home and set this visit up for us.  She led us there today and did a wonderful job.  It was in the 80's so felt good moving on the bikes.  Very nice ride and very nice time visiting with the residents.  They were so sweet.  Went to a Mexican restaurant afterward and had a great burrito.  It was delicious.  Bill had tacos.  We had a nice ride back home.  I went to see Melissa right away after we got home.  Bruce, Evan, and Jack were in the multi purpose room. Jay, a nurse who was Melissa's nurse when she was in back in 1995,  came to say hi to me and tell me he remembered me.  I brought Helen down to sit with us and we all visited with Jim.  Then we all went outside and sat for a while.  It had cooled down and was very nice out.  We took Melissa and Helen back upstairs and then I left and went to Vikki's for a few minuted.  Nice seeing the kiddos and doggies!  Nice to see Vikki too of course.

No comments: