Saturday, August 4, 2018

8/4/18...Brought in refrigerator stuff from the camper, Packed up Hailey, Max, Jack and Evan's stuff and put b ack in their suitcases for Bruce to pick up, Went to seee Melissa at Rehab, Went to Car and Bike show at Garrber's., Went to Hospital again, Went to Applebees with Bill, Went to Midland River days with Kimmy and Jared

Papa and his trophy from the bike show today!

Peyton in the elevator in the hospital going to see Aunt Missy

Melissa and Jennifer Karls, Evan,Bruce and Jesse in background

Hailey, Evan, Melissa in front,
Bruce, Jennifer and Jesse in back

Evan
Isaac in car at car show
Bruce Melissa and Evan outside at the Rehab

Melissa and Hailey taking a selfie! 
Melissa and Hailey
Peyton and Isaac's picture and frame they made at BayShore

Evan and Jack's BayShore craft

Hot Air Balloons at Tridge with Kimmy, Jared and the boys
Beautiful Hot Air Balloons

Eli and Adam

Lots of people going both ways on the tridge.  Bill ahead of me.  Love how the lights change colors 

Bill, Adam, Jacob, me and Eli
Bill, Eli, Jacob, Adam and Jared walking to car.  Flowers are beautiful in Midland
Papa and Eli walking holding hands
Papa, Adam, Jacob and Eli drinking their shakes
Great pictures Kimmy posted of their Copper Harbor trip
Wyatt, Jacob and Eli


Eli, Wyatt and Jacob
Adam, Eli, Jacob and Wyatt

Wyatt, Eli, Kimmy, Adam and Jacob

Eli, Jacob, Wyatt and Adam
Jacob, Eli, Jared and Adam

Grandpa Russell, Jacob, Adam, Eli, Grandma Russell and Wyatt at Copper Harbor on their yearly camping trip

Eli, Jacob, Kimmy, Wyatt, Jared and Adam
Adam, Wyatt, Eli land Jacob
Got up early and got ready.  Packed all the kids stuff in the camper in their suitcases, and put everything else in the kitchen area where Bruce could pick it up.  I brought the refrigerator stuff and freezer stuff into the house.  Went to see Melissa.  I went to watch her do therapy.  She sure is determined and works so hard.  Melissa's roommate Helen's son was there visiting and was so nice. I left to pick up coney dogs, fries and root beers from Old Town Drive in.  When I got back, Melissa was in therapy again for OT.  I went down and watched her.  After that, we went to the multi purpose room to eat lunch.  When we walked out, a couple called me over an commented on how they loved seeing us pray.  They said they don't see that a lot any more, and that they pray too.  They told us their names and are in the room before Melissa's.  Bruce was on his way and Melissa needed to rest, so I left and went to the Car/Bike Show at Garber's where Bill was showing his bike.  He won a trophy for award winner.  Charlie and Sue were there so I visited with them for a while.  Bill and I sat at a picnic table in the shade.  I left early because I had to unpack my stuff from the camper.  Vikki came over to get the kids stuff out.  She stayed and visited a little while.  She brought Lenny and he was well behaved. Such a nice dog.  Kimmy called me when she had just left Marquette.  I am so excited to see them when they get home.  Bill and I took the tent back because the poles didn't lock good.  I couldn't find my receipt so hunted all over.  I looked in the draw of my jewelry chest and found an envelope marked Vikki's Garage Sale Money.  There was $40 in it that Vikki had given me while she was working at the school so I could save it for her when we went to the Freeland garage sales.  I called her and she was pretty happy to have it now, because her dog, Lucy, had to have a tooth extracted while she was being fixed.  Sam's took our tent back without a receipt, so that was nic.  We went back up to the hospital to see Melissa.  Bruce, Hailey and Evan were there.  Vikki and Peyton had just left, but were still in the building so they came back up.  We visited in the multi purpose room and drank coffee and hot chocolate.  Jennifer and Jesse Karls came to visit Melissa which was a very nice surprise.  They moved to Chicago and were here for BayShore and then to visit family.  After they left, we took Melissa outside and sat at out at a table and visited.  It was warm still warm out, about 87 degrees still at 7:30.  Bill and I left and went to Applebees to eat.  Kimmy called and wanted us to meet them at the Hot Air Balloon Show.  We headed to Midland after we ate and met them at the fairgrounds.  No Hot Air Balloons were there though.  I told them I thought they were by the Tridge so we went there.  I was so happy to get all my hugs when we parked downtown.  We walked a ways and saw four hot air balloons lighting up across the tridge.  We walked across and it was totally packed.  Our side moving one way and the other side moving the other direction.  We only stayed a few minutes and decided to go for ice cream instead of staying for the fireworks.  Of course, Bill and Jared raced to see who could get to Culver's first.  Bill beat.  Culver's was closing, so we headed to McDonalds.  Another race was on, with Jared in the lead until Bill sped up and cut in front of him.  Kimmy and I were both trying to make them behave.  We got our shakes and Frapees and sat and visited.  So happy to get to spend their first night home with them. I love my family.  

No comments: