Tuesday, August 14, 2018

8/14/18...Went to breakfast, Bill left for his trip along Lake Michigan afterward, Went to take Jack to the library to meet his teacher, Took Evan to see Melissa, Took Jack and Max to see Vikki, Pastor Jeff came up to see Melissa,

Jack's teacher posted this after working at the library with him.  So sweet!





Jack and Max

Jack and Max at Melissa's therapy....Vikki in background


Cutie Melissa


Missy

What they did in the shower today

They put more grout on the floor

Bill sent me these pictures of group traveling with him.  Love these friends

Elaine trying our motorcycle out

At the motel


We went to breakfast.  Bill rode the motorcycle because he had to leave breakfast at 8:30 to meet Ralph and the rest of the group that was going on the trip along Lake Michigan.  I wanted to stay home and be here to visit Melissa and help with the kids.  I sure am going to miss Bill.  After breakfast, I went and picked up Jack and took him to the Library to meet his teacher who was helping him with some math.  Melissa couldn't help him because of all she has had going on.  
His teacher was really nice.  I took Evan to see Melissa.  I stopped and picked up a shake and happy meal for him and got two frappes with a phone coupon.  I got to the hospital and Helen was still there and was waiting for her son to come to take her home.  I gave Melissa a frappe and then asked Helen if she wanted one.  She loved it and was so happy and thankful. She never had one before.   I had to take Evan home so I gave Helen a big hug and told her goodbye. Melissa and I will go see her when Melissa gets out.  I dropped Evan off at home and picked Max up.  We went to pick up Jack and then and went to the rehab so they could watch Melissa on the Lokomat.  She didn't faint today.  Good thing or she wouldn't be able to use the machine.  A lot of people faint on their first time.  I stopped and picked up a pizza and breadsticks for the kids.  When we got to their house, we all ate.  I went home for a little while and then went back so Hailey could go to volleyball practice and I could stay with the kids.  Bruce didn't know I was coming, so he took the boys with him to Max's orthodontist appt.  I talked to Melissa and ended up going back to the rehab.  Vikki called and said she was coming to the Rehab.  Pastor Jeff came up to visit Melissa and pray with her.  He stayed about an hour.  Bruce, Hailey, and Evan came up before he left.  Vikki and I went to Old town drive in and had a coney dog, fries and a root beer.  Melissa and Bruce were visiting outside with a young patient.  He was a Worship Leader at Peace Lutheran who got Guillian Barre' Syndrome.  He had been on the vent, but they gave him the right treatment so now he is having therapy to get strong again.  Matt Starke is a good friend of his.  Went home and Vikki took Evan to her house.  Bill called me and said it was a beautiful ride and we would have to do it together sometime. Watched the movie Christian Mingle.  



No comments: