Thursday, September 1, 2016

9/1/16...Left for BayShore....one of my favorite places

Elaine in front of the camper tent Wes and Gayla lent her.
We didn't quite fit inside the barrels in the barrel train.  Found out later the other train is bigger and we would have fit.

Bill, Gayla and Wes relaxing before all the campers come and they get busy showing them where to park


Gayla and Elaine  The flowers hanging were beautiful

Wes and Gayla and our campers are facing each other. Elaine is on the end and Brian and Jan will be in our motorcycle camper by the end of our camper tomorrow.

Bill and Wes in their staff shirts

Cute little doggie that came by


Love this place

The sunset was beautiful over the water, but the picture of it didn't turn out very good

Bill and Wes checking their list of people who will be camping.  They have their staff shirts on.  They gave us free camping and meal tickets for free meals while we are here.
I got up at 7:15 to finish packing the camper.  I had just taken my shower when I got a call from Melissa saying the 3 boys had forgot their book bags.  She had to wait for the little girl she babysits for to be dropped off at the school so she was very happy I could go pick up the book bags and bring them to her to take into the kids.  I was happy I could help.  I went with wet hair and all.  I made it in time so she could get them to them right after the pledge of allegiance.  After that I went home and there was no hot water.  Bill needed me to help him with lighting the pilot light on the hot water heater.  Consumer's put a new gas meter in and when Kenzie was there she let them light the pilots again.  We had gotten a letter saying they were going to do this.  Don't know if they forgot to light it or if it went out.  Finally got around to packing the rest of the stuff and got done on time.  Elaine came over and we left for Sebewaing.  This truck pulls the camper so much better than the other one.  Doesn't even feel like it's hauling a camper.  Very nice.  I was thanking God all the way when He kept cars from getting off and on exits by me on the expressway and for the safe trip all the way.  So happy when we stopped at Tim Horton's in Bay City which is our tradition.  It's about halfway and is a great place to take a little break.  Had a egg white sandwich with bacon and no cheese an a chocolate glazed doughnut.  YUM.  Got to BayShore and parked right across where you pull in.  We faced our camper toward Wes and Gayla's which is nice.  Love camping with them.  We have Elaine with us in their motorcycle camper and Brian an Jan will be by us in our motorcycle camper.  We ladies took a few walks while the guys helped people get parked.  Visited with friends from Trinity Riders, and played ladder ball.  Wes and Gayla had us over for blackberry pie she made for Bill's Birthday. It was delicious.  We played 3-13 with them and Elaine in their camper.  Bill won and Elaine lost.  I was the next loser.  Not my night.

No comments: