Thursday, September 22, 2016

9/22/16...Had to get a new microwave! Wes and Gayla came over for dinner and then we played cards


Made a blueberry pie right away so it would be done before I had to put the roast in the oven.  Used Kimmy's (Jared's mom's actually) pie crust recipe which is so easy and is delicious.  Peeled potatoes before I left to pick up applications for Vikki and I to work the elections  Met Vikki at Jack's and gave her hers.  We shopped and I got a roast, carrots, and potatoes to make for tonight and also some ice cream for the pie.  Got home and peeled carrots.  Set the table with Grandma Daisy's good china and her stainless steel silverware.  Bill and I had to go get a microwave.  Ours started running in the middle of the night the other night.  I almost was too tired to get up and see what the beeping was but I sure was glad I did.  Kimmy read up where microwaves can easily start fires when they do that.  It kept beeping and giving messages all the time too.  Really liked that microwave, but we did find one we liked and it had great reviews.  It's an infection so will have to study up on how to use it.  Wes and Gayla came at 5:30.  We ate and then played two games of    3-13.  I won both games. Wes was way ahead until right at the end when he got stuck with lots of points.  That game is never over until it is over.  We had fun playing cards and then we sat in the living room and visited for a while before they left.  They sure are special friends.  We are blessed that God gives us friends who are family in our hearts.

No comments: