Friday, July 27, 2018

7/27/18.....Went up to the hospital and spent time with Melissa. Bruce's mom and Hailey came up for a while while I was there. I got lunch downstairs and bought it up to eat when Melissa got her lunch. Melissa has a nurse who looks and talks just like Sara Ann. Bruce came up so I went to his house and picked up all the kid's stuff to load in the camper.

Two fawns Bill took a picture of in our back yard.
I didn't take any pictures today, but Bill did.  Went in the morning and visited Melissa in the hospital.  She has a nurse who looks and talks just like Sara Ann.  She is really cheerful and sweet so when the Nurse Coordinator asked for names of anyone Melissa thought was outstanding, Melissa told her about her and another nurse.  We didn't know her name, but described her and then came up with her name later and called the lady to let her know.  When I was getting on the elevator after getting lunch at the cafeteria, Bruce's mom and Hailey were getting on the elevator from the other side.  They came up and visited with Melissa for a while.  Melissa and I ate out lunch together.  Hailey and Debbie left and Bruce got there shortly after.  I left and went to pick up the kids suitcases and all the stuff they are taking to BayShore.  They all helped carry it out and put it in my car.  I put it all away in drawers and cupboards in the bunkhouse.  Melissa's MRI showed everything with the brain is ok.  They still have to check out her neck.  They increased her baclofin and doubled her Diamox.  She will go to the rehab tomorrow.  Melissa was walking for therapy and her IV came out and she was bleeding.  Greg (her nurse friend since she was a candy striper) was on the floor, saw it and came running, recognized her and started joking with her.  He came back to visit her later.  He helped her get through everything back when she was so sick for so long.  He would come to the rehab everyday to see her after work.  He has four kids now too.  They showed each other pictures of their kids.  Vikki brought the kids clothes and put them in the camper.  She had daily outfits in Ziploc bags for Peyton, Isaac and Evan.  Wow!  She worked hard to make it so easy for me.  She took Melissa yummy roast, carrots and potatoes to eat.  What a sweet girl she is.  Melissa was so happy.  Chrystal, Wes, Gayla,, Chuck and Sue all went up to visit Melissa to day too. Bill and I went and got gas to get our 60 cents off a gallon up to 35 gal.  I went to Kroger's while he filled his truck and then we went to Menard's and picked out stain for the bathroom doors.  Also got a paper towel holder for the camper which Bill hung on the pantry door for me.  I got the Faith Rider's Newsletter Out.  Put more groceries and stuff in the camper.

No comments: