Friday, July 29, 2016

7/29/16...Went to VA in Detroit for checkup on Bill's knee, then to Great Lakes Crossing to shop




Bill in front of Great Lakes Crossing
Bill in Cracker Barrell drinking his rooter

Watermelon Slicer Bill bought me

It worked really great
We packed some more stuff in the camper, I patched a hail hole with tear aid in the awning.  Then we  put the awning down.  Left for Bill's appt. in Detroit.  We stopped at Tim Horton's and Bill got a coffee, cinnamon bagel, and banana nut muffin and I got an ice capp and a apple cranberry muffin.  I hooked my phone up in the car and we listened to the worship music I downloaded.  Nice day for a ride.  Bill's appointment went well and then we left and went to Great Lake's Crossing and shopped and got steps.  We relaxed and took our time and and such a nice time.  We resisted cinnabuns today as we knew we were going to stop at the Cracker Barrell and eat on our way home.
YAY, Kimmy called so we got to talk to her and the boys and Bill talked to Jared.  We were so happy to hear from them.  Missing them all so much.  Nice hearing the boy's voices and hearing how much fun they are having.  It made my day! Bill got to tell Kimmy and Jared about replacing the pump, pipe and cord in their well and that they have water again out by the barn.  Loved hearing how excited they were because we were so excited about it ourselves.  They were at the Jam Pot.  So glad we went there so I can picture all these places when they say where they are.  We were walking in the mall when they called, but I had Bill put my phone on speaker so I could hear Kimmy when he told her about the well.  Bill had ground steak at the Cracker Barrel and I had grilled chicken tenders.  We both had a rootbeer.  Stopped at Penney's when we got back.  Then came home and tried the watermelon cutter Bill got me.  It makes it so easy.  Love using it.  Also got a salad spinner which was on sale so I can spin the water off my lettuce from my garden after I wash it.  That worked great too.  Bill got a couple of shirts and a new pair of dress shoes too.  His other shoes just cracked.  He has had them since 1998.  I guess it is about time for a new pair. They were on sale so that was good. I got a couple of short sleeve shirts too that were on sale.  Put the cabbage buns in the camper refrigerator and also put the blueberry pie I made out there.  We will be eating them with Melissa, Bruce and family at BayShore tomorrow night.

2 comments:

Vikkis Blog said...

You guys resisted cinnabons...o man!!!

Vikkis Blog said...

Glad dads appointment went well!