Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July 1, 2015

Peyton and Isaac sitting like Nana.  Love it when they do this.  Isaac is so funny!

Isaac and Peyton with their family!

Isaac and Peyton with their cattails. 

When I left this morning there were two fire trucks and a rescue true at our neighbor's driveway next to us this morning at 10:15 am.  Now tonight, they are back at their driveway again.  About a dozen firemen were there.

Then they moved to our other neighbors driveway on the other side of us.

Walked two miles at Sports Zone this morning.  Came home and cut my dessert for the memorial service for Duane Kasper at church.  Got ready and left so I would get there early in case they needed help setting up.  There were two fire trucks and a rescue truck in front our our neighbor with the gate's driveway.  Couldn't see why they were there.  Lots of firemen were out of the truck and in the driveway,  When I got to church the parking lot was full and the church was packed.  I had signed up for clean up afterwards.  They didn't need more help before because they had plenty of volunteers so that was good.  The service was amazing.  Duane had set it up with Pastor Jeff and picked out the songs and what he wanted in the message.  He wanted Jesus proclaimed to everyone.  Pastor Jeff did an amazing job.  He was a long time friend of Duane's.   Joanne and Steve from horse therapy were there so I was happy to see them and get to talk to them.  They let Kimmy keep Sam at their house when she first got him.  Didn't charge anything either.  For Kimmy's wedding she made them a beautiful rug out of spun wool.  Visited with some people and then headed to the kitchen to help.  There was extra food so we got to eat before we started cleaning up.  Had fun working with everyone and clean up went fast.  Afterwards, Phyllis and I went to visit Ruth Kish.  She just turned 99 on June 30 and the day before her birthday she fell land broke 3 bones in her leg.  She was the same age as my dad.  She was in the hospital, but they moved her to Healthsource for rehab.  We went there and they sent us to her room, but the bed was stripped and she wasn't there.  We asked and after checking a while they told us she was moved to Covenant Harrison.  We went and saw her and she was pretty tired out.  We said high and she said hi and then she quoted Psalm 23 to us word for word.  She is a very faithful witness for the Lord.  When I got home, Hailey called me and then face timed me to play a song for me on her instrument she is taking to band camp.  She played it so nicely.  She just learned it today.  I think it was Nothing But the Blood of Jesus.....will have to check on the title again ha ha.  Vikki called and she, Peyton and Isaac came over.  I decided to make spaghetti real quick so they could eat with us.  Afterward, we went outside and looked at the garden and then went and sat in the camper for a while.  The kids were really good at throwing frisbees.  Isaac could really throw it far.  When they left, the fire trucks were back in front of the neighbors driveway again.  Then a while later they moved to our other neighbor's driveway.  I was nosey so sat out on the porch to see if I could hear them talking, but the fire truck was running and was too noisy.

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

Hmmm, I wonder why the firetrucks were there? I would be nosey too - haha