Friday, June 23, 2017

6/23/17...Kimmy, Adam and Eli came up. Lots of major flooding all over, especially Midland

Worst flooding in Midland in 100 years



Mall area

Right on the main drag on Eastman Street across from the mall

Don't want to shop at Meijer today!!!

Flooding at Kimmy and Jared's...they have lakefront property

Peyton, Isaac, Eli and Adam getting ready to Tie Dye

Adam is all set to do his


Isaac squirting the dye

Peyton
Adam's turned out really cool!

They both did a great job


Who is behind those shirts...like mother, like son....for a hint

We made the first person get out of the picture

Isaac, Eli, Adam, and Peyton....love those shirts they did


Me and Chuck sitting at the Faith Rider's table at the Shield's Festival 

Bill and Chuck at the booth

Stopped to see Melissa and the kids after the Festival got this picture.  Hailey, Evan, Max and Jack. Missed them while I was up north

Kimmy called and was on her way.  She said her yard was really flooded and so was her road.  She had to come through some shallow water on her way but nothing real deep.  I was glad when she pulled into the campground.  Melissa called and asked us to pray for Bruce because of all the water problems he had to deal with at work today.  We were glad to pray.  We sat in the Clam for a while and then we went for a walk around the campground.  The campground was a little flooded, but I have seen it worse.  Our spot was high and dry. We saw all of the baby kittens.  Adam wanted to take the white one home and asked Miss Shirley to save it for him.  They are up on the roof of the bathroom by the pool.  I took the propane tank to get filled at the campground.  We ate lunch and then went to tie dye shirts.  The kids and us had fun doing it.  We saw the big Water Boy's trucks come fill the indoor pool.  We will be happy to be able to swim there again.  After we did the shirts we went swimming until I had to leave for home.   On my way home I decided to go the country roads to see the flooding.  Boy did I see it.  I went down Seven Mile past Beaver Rd. and had to turn around.  Then I went over to the next road and had to turn around.  There wasn't a sign until you got right up by the water.  The side road I wanted to turn on also had a road closed due to flooding sign.  I went back and went one more road over and still couldn't get through so I headed in the other direction so I could get back on the expressway.  I got on it and thought I could get off on Saginaw Rd...which turns into Bay Rd.  It was flooded and closed too and the hotel parking lot right by the road was completely flooded.  I got back on the expressway and got off at the Tittabawassee Rd. Exit.  Finally made it home when I did that and I sure was happy to get there.  I went to Wes and Gayla's to work on the float for the parade tomorrow, but there were enough there to work on it, so I went and sat with Bill at the Booth in Shields.  Stopped at Melissa's on my way home and gave her a fidget cube for the kids.  


No comments: