Wednesday, November 19, 2008

11/19/08

Started making noodle casserole for a dish to pass for Bill at work. Got Kenzie off to school and left right away to go to breakfast. Kenzie and I had picked up a birthday cake last night for Chuck and Louise as it was both of their birthdays. Headed over to grandpa's after breakfast to check on him and give him another puzzle we got him. We started doing the border and Bill called to see if I was coming with the dish to pass. I had forgotten all about it so, I rushed home and put some water on the stove to heat and some in the microwave. When it boiled, which seemed like forever before it started, I cooked the noodles, mixed them in the soup and chicken I had going in the crock pot and headed to Bill's office. When I got there Bill came out and told me that Jeannie wanted me to come in and eat. They had really great food and tons of it. She told me the volunteers were getting together to make cards for Christmas for the hospice patients at 4pm. I went back to grandpa's and he had the whole border of the puzzle done. He was all smiles when I told him how good he did and how happy I was he had so much done. I worked on it a little more and then came home. I walked in the house saying, Kenzie are you home, and she jumped out an scared me. She had just gotten home, but I looked for footprints in the snow and hadn't seen any. She got me good. Her mom called and they were having teacher conferences today, so I took Kenzie since Vikki had to work. She showed me her portfolio and then I met a few of her teachers. Came home and visited with Kimmy and the boys before I had to leave for the hospice volunteer time. Left there and came home, ate, cleaned my messy kitchen up and left to teach All Stars at church. The kids were great tonight. Last week they were pretty rowdy. Now I am in my pj's and about ready to go nite nite....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting. See you tomorrow. I'm so glad Grandpa's having fun with the puzzles. I love you!