Thursday, December 12, 2013

12/1/13 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SWEET GRANDSON MAX!

Happy Birthday Max!  We love you so much!  Hugs and kisses from us to you!  Max turned 8 today!  Called him, and Papa and I both wished him happy birthday. Melissa wasn't feeling too good, so Papa picked Hailey and Max up for church.  I went early since I was teaching Sunday school.  On the way to church, I noticed a sign at the fire station  next to our church that said they were giving free fire truck rides when a toy was dropped off today.  Knowing how much Max loves fire trucks, I called Melissa to tell her.  Bruce was working, so she asked if we could take him after church as it only went to 2 pm.  Told her yes, of course, as I thought that would be so fun on Max's birthday for him.  He brought his fireman suit to put on after church.  The kids both sat great in church.  Stacie, DJ and Kody were there. We were so happy to see them and have them sit with us. Bill was holding Kody when I sat down.  I took him and after a while asked Hailey if she wanted to hold him. I knew the answer ahead of time.  She sat and held him and he fell asleep right away.  She has the right touch and is so good with babies. I offered to take him if her arms were tired, but she said no.  She reminded me so much of Melissa. 

I had fun teaching my class.  Picked up Hailey and Max from their rooms and we all headed for the fire station.  We had cookies and orange drink while we talked to a fireman. Everyone loved Max's fireman suit and they told him Happy Birthday.  Got to ride in the fire truck right away.  Max, Hailey, and I rode in the back and Papa rode in the front.  How fun and what a great memory!  Loved the smile on Max's face!  When we got back, we talked with our friend's daughter, Katelyn.  She was working there!  That was a nice surprise.  She has gone on some of our motorcycle ride with us.

Bill went home and I took the kids to their house.  Picked up a pizza and ate with them.  Gave Max one present to open on his birthday.  He was happy to get it today as his birthday dinner will be a different  day because he and Hailey are in the Boar's Head Performance today.  He loved his present and Jack came running to ask me if I would get him that for his birthday.  So cute!


Fun in the fire truck!

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

Wow, Free firetruck rides on Max's birthday! That had to be God!!