Friday, February 15, 2008

2/14/08 HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE...


We had a wonderful Valentine's day. Dad (Bill) had given me roses the day before that are just beautiful. In the morning when I was getting Kenzie off to school, he told me he had another present and when I got home it would be right here on the cupboard. I got home and he hadn't left for work yet. There was a note right there on the cupboard where he said to look. It said to go look in the bathroom left side drawer, then there was a note there saying to go look in the right drawer of my dresser. There was a note there saying to look in the china cabinet drawer, from there it was the dryer, then the fireplace, then the freezer in the basement. ( I was getting plenty of exercise)
In the freezer was a beautiful card. The card said to go look in the tub. Of course I didn't open the card until I got downstairs with dad, so I had to go back upstairs and look in the tub. There was a big bag with hearts and in it was a beautiful bear (see picture) that he had made for me at his work. They took my mom's favorite tops, and put one on the bear and sized it to fit. The other they made a heart out of and put another white heart in the center of it. Then they wrote in memory of mom. Of course it touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes. What a sweet thing for him to do for me, and such a memory to have. Bruce and I took my dad to see a new doctor. We had a long appointment but this doctor is smart and caring so we had a great appointment so should get great results. Afterwards, he took me to get a beautiful necklace and ring he had seen in a flyer he got in the mail. It was so thoughtful and caring of him. He said it was because I was a sweetie. I will always remember this special moment with my dad also. I have a wonderful husband and dad.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the bear. I remember both of those shirts on grandma. What a neat idea. Dad is so sweet. So is grandpa. I love you and happy valentine's day too.

Anonymous said...

Dad is so sweet! I cant believe he even thought of that. Thats so cute. I love you.

Anonymous said...

How sweet of Dad and Grandpa. I love you and am glad you guys came by for a visit today. Thanks for bringing dinner - it was really good!

Anonymous said...

haileysssbhggh1234jfdcddxxsasqrwrrrrrtxssrd533rs4rijudu7fre6tgfrgyffhfyhidfygytg6kg iureeeweww vbggggggggggghyyytrreswwgffff u66666,,9987t5 jjyyxzzxcvbnm,.
Hi Nana. Hi Papa. Hi Mocha. I love you. I was so happy you came over to see me yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sweet note, Hailey.
Mocha sends a lick, and I send a hug and kiss. Love Nana