Saturday, April 5, 2008

3/5/08

Today, Bill had a funeral to do up north. It was a beautiful day for a ride so I went with him. He did a wonderful job on the funeral and many hearts were touched. It was a very nice family and they all just think the world of dad. We stopped at Salvation Army on the way and picked up outfits for a 50's-60's birthday party we were going to later.
Got home and stopped at grandpas to change, then off to the party we went. It was so much fun. They had it decorated so nice and had great food...scrambled hamburgers, hot dogs, rootbeer floats..etc. They had a dj playing oldies which was fun. It was also neat to see how everyone was dressed. Lots of poodle skirts. I had made poodle skirts for the kids when they were in school for a 50's party and also got some oxford shoes. Well the shoes fit but forget the poodle skirt. I couldn't squeeze into that for nothing. Anyway the evening brought back many memories. Dad found a shirt with old cars on it. He looked cute in it. They had bubble gum blowing contests, hula hoop contests, best dressed contests, ect. I thought the little girls outfit was so cute. I wish it wasn't so dark.

Notice the picture of Kenzie with the wedding dress she used to practically live in.
It is so small compared to her now. She loved dancing in it when she was little.

Cute picture of Hailey in her dance costume huh? I love the one where you can't see her face. Where did she go?

The boys were enjoying their suckers on the couch, just being little angels.
Adam loved the piano and Hailey loved giving him lessons on it.

Have been enjoying having Vikki over. Nice to be able to spend lots of time with her. I will miss you now Vik. We enjoyed our visit to Kimmy & Jared's to see the chickens, horses, etc. Fun place to go for sure. Loved our walk through the mall too Kimmy, Jared and boys. We're so glad you met us there.
I have enjoyed seeing lots of Melissa, Hailey and Max when they do the laundry here too. This has been an enjoyable week with most of my loved ones around alot.

























5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im so glad you finally blogged. I had a great time at your house during "earigation" LOL
You are a great mom. Thanks for letting me stay at your house. I feel like I am totally rehabilitated. You guys treat me so good considering all I have put you guys through. You are great parents and I love you, and will always. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

You're a great daughter. WE have always loved you and always will. Glad to see how you are becoming who God wants you to be. We're Very proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Vikki, I meant to put Mom, but clicked the wrong button so the anomyous comment above is from me.
Love ya!

Melissa said...

Love all the pictures. Great costumes for the 50's party. Glad you took pictures. That picture of Hailey in her dance costume with the hat over her face is funny too. Thanks so much for letting us come and use your washing machine while Bruce is working on the utility room. I love you.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you blogged. I love the picture of Dad in Mocha's harley hat. Glad you took pictures of you 50's dress up. You guys looked great. I love you.