Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hailey and Nana's trip to the Apple Orchard

Today Hailey and I went on her field trip to the pumpkin patch. Her teacher was really nice and is great with the children. I like helping her as she just tells you what's needed and doesn't keep you wondering. She had a plan and she told everyone what their part to do was. The pumpkin patch was only two driveways past Aunt Vikki's mom and dad's house. First we went in and learned all about pumpkin seeds and how they grow. I learned some things I didn't even know.
Next we learned all about squash and gourds. Then it was time to walk and see the animals. The kids were well behaved and Hailey was as good as can be. When I would go to take a picture of her she would pose for me. Another mom must have trained her son for pictures because a couple of times he would see me taking Hailey's picture and say "You can take my picture too" and then he would go stand or sit by Hailey. It was so funny. We went into the big teepee and a lady dressed up like an Indian talked to us. She had everyone close their eyes and imagine they were an Indian. She showed us different animal skins ...rabbit, opossom, fox, coyotte...
Then she showed us a carved wooden spoon, and a flask made out of a turtle's shell.
We left the teepee and the kids went to a roped off area and picked out any pumpkin they wanted to take home. Hailey loved her pumpkin and was so happy to carry it and take it home. We stopped at our house and she went potty, then we went to the apple store for lunch and a cookie. She played outside for a while afterwards. We came home and she played for a while and then we went to grandpa's to take his doggie to the vet. Spent time with grandpa afterward...had m & m's...and drinks. Came home and had a half hour before Kenzie got off the bus. The girls raked leaves and played outside...I'll put those pictures on tomorrow. Soon it was time to go to church for All Stars and youth group. Papa watched Hailey and read to her and tucked her in at bedtime.









2 comments:

Melissa said...

It's finally letting me leave a comment. I loved looking at all the pictures. And I'm so glad you brought your camera to her field trip. It looks like a fun place. Hailey had a great time staying at your house. Thanks again for having her.

Anonymous said...

I loved having Hailey stay with me. She is such a good girl and such a sweetie. We are blessed!
I loved staying with Max this morning too. He is a very good boy and a sweetie too. Much fun with those little ones around. Love ya xoxoxox