Thursday, October 30, 2008

10/30/08

Yesterday, 10/29, was a very sad day for us. We had to tell Champ and Taylor (two of our beloved dogs in the family) good bye. We sure will miss them. Checked on grandpa several times as I knew it was especially hard for him being by himself without his buddy. Called Melissa a couple of times to check on her and the kids too. After taking dinner to him, I came home to get ready for All Stars at church. I had to cook the hotdogs and get my costume figured out and on me.
Also had to count candy corn for the jar. Vikki helped me the night before but I still needed more in the jar. There were a total of 1,110 in it. Thanks for all your help Vikki. We had gone on the computer to listen to James MacDonald who is on Family Life Radio at 3pm each day. We both love his messages. It was so late by the time we were done that Vikki volunteered to help me count. She was so fast I couldn't believe it. The job at work she does helped her to count so fast.
I was getting things ready when Bill called and couldn't get the car out of park. I went to his work and got it to move. (The same thing happened in the morning and I prayed and it went into gear for me...that's why he called me again.) That threw me behind schedule so I didn't get to take any pictures of Kenzie dressed up like the 80's. She did it herself after Vikki showed her what to do. She looked great and won 3rd place in the youth group. I got a couple of votes from my little ones...even though they weren't supposed to vote for teachers. One little girl told me she voted for me because we both had the same kind of hair (wigs) on, but different colors. Mine was black and her's was blonde. She said we looked like twins. She was so sweet. We had fun bowling with pumpkins, ringing the pumpkins, etc.
I am having Kenzie dress up again so I can put a picture on my blog. Tonight after doing her chores and homework, Kenzie took a break and made mazes out of paths she raked in the leaves. She had so much fun and took me through each one a few times.
She asked if she could rake the whole yard for me. Uncle Jared picked her up and took her to their house to spend the night. Kimmy will bring her here in the morning and we will get to spend time with her and those adorable boys.















Kenzie made this turtle in art class. One of the legs came off so she repaired it with the glue gun when she got home. I will have to put a close up of it on so the detail shows more.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Cute pictures. I had your camera in my purse to give to you at church but forgot all about it. I'm sorry. You should scan that picture that you showed me of you dressed up. I think your costume was great and they should've had a contest for best teacher costume. I would have voted for you too. A couple people at church today mentioned how cute you looked. Can't wait to see a picture of Kenzie's costume too. Love ya!