Thursday, July 10, 2008

6/10/08

I picked Hailey and Max up in the morning so they could spend the day and night at nana and papa's. We stopped at McDonald's on our way to Nana's and got Happy Meals plus cookies. Right after Hailey finished eating she said she had to go potty. She doesn't like the way the toilet flushes automatically and the loud noise it makes so I couldn't talk her in to going there. They didn't get to play, but both were just as happy as could be and were so cute as they said "we all have to take hands when we leave. We got home and played for a while. When it was Max's naptime, Hailey and I swam for a while.
She wanted me to call Kenzie to come play with her so, Kimmy dropped Kenzie off. Max woke up and we all swam. Hailey had so much fun playing tag with Kenzie. Max loved just riding in the boat. I loved getting the exercise. Papa got home and we all raced for the first kiss. That's something Kenzie and I started when she was small. She loves to beat me. I was the last one since all the kids beat me. We ate supper and Hailey was asking to say the prayer. She prays so sweetly and says nice long ones. God has to be smiling down on her. We played some more and than read books before Max had to go to bed. We did "what do today". And Max told me a couple of things. Hailey had a whole list of course. Max goes to bed amazingly good. I can't believe how he doesn't complain but gets his blanket, has his milk, and heads for bed. Kenzie, Hailey and I watched a movie and had a snack and then we were off to bed too. The girls wanted to sleep on the bean bag and I was going to sleep on the bed. A few minutes after they layed down, they both decided they wanted to crawl in bed with me. They were asleep in a few minutes. It must have been all that swimming that tired them out. In the morning, I got them up early as we had to get ready to take them home so I could take grandpa to his appointment for his hearing aid at 10am. On my way to take them home, grandpa called me on his cell phone and said "aren't we gonna go to get my hearing aid checked; my appointment is a 9 am? He had told me on the phone two days ago that it was at 10. We started heading right over to his house, called to see if he should still go to his appt. and then I dropped him off, took the kiddos home, and went back to pick grandpa up.
He hadn't been hearing too well out of his one hearing aid, but it just needed cleaning. He heard me great once I picked him up. We stopped at a shoe shop to see if they could sew a glove for him. The man did it for me right while I waited so grandpa was happy when I came back to the car with it. I am getting really excited about my new grandson's arrival...So is Bill. Can't wait!!!! Bill and I met with a couple he is going to marry. They were so sweet. They brought us a beautiful salad that they had made from stuff out of their garden. It was delicious. We stopped at Bruce and Melissa's since we were in the area to look at their ironing board cupboard. The kids were swimming and Bruce was cooking. Melissa must have been supervising I guess. You go Mel!!!

Hailey wanted me to take a picture of her with her toothbrush.

Look at those clean teeth!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeh!!!!! another post. Love it!!!! I love you Mom.

Melissa said...

I love the clean teeth picture. Looks like you had a good helper getting the kids ready in the morning.