Thursday, August 6, 2015

8/6/15

The sweet lady to the left of the man in the blue shirt in the center had this cottage at Bay Shore.  She was always so sweet and looked just like Grandma Daisy.  I always looked forward to seeing her, but this year I found out she passed away.  I almost felt like I was losing grandma Daisy again. So weird.  Happy she knew the Lord and is with Him now.  Also happy I found this picture of her.



After spending time with the Lord and reading His Word, I started cleaning the house.  It hasn't had a good cleaning in a while since we have been gone camping so much.  Felt good to get it done.  Stopped to watch the noon news with Bill and then cleaned some more.  At 2:45 I went to Vikki's for a few minutes then headed to His Restoration to mow the grass with Kim Reminder.  We tried to start the lawn mower and couldn't.  Then Kim said she remembered you had to clamp the bars together with the clamp someone had on it.  Well she started it right the first pull and away I went.  I couldn't stop it from propelling so had to go fast on turns and when I cut around poles I had to pull really hard to pull it back where I needed it.  The sun was out bright so I was really hot and sweating.  Bill came over after he was done at the VA hospital.  I asked him to pick up the eave trough so I could cut under it as I couldn't stop to pick it up.  He mowed a couple of spots for me and showed me it was clamped wrong.  Actually the other bar was the one that needed the clamp.  Things went much better and much slower on turns after that.  Kim did the weed whacking, blew the grass away and watered plants.  Just as we were leaving, I got a phone call.  It was the Ford Dealer wanting to let me I could bring my damaged vehicle in.  I told her I didn't have a damaged vehicle.  Then she said what kind of vehicle it was.  I gave her dad's number to call.  Then when I got to Vikki's I called dad to ask about the damaged vehicle.  He said he was going to tell me.  He even gave her my number.  A week ago we were in Pinconning and he told me jokingly there was something I was going to have to forgive him for.  I right away asked what he hit with the lawnmower but didn't get an answer.  Walked around the yard the next day but didn't see any damage.  Well, today, a week later and after the call,  he told me the tractor got stuck in the ditch out front and he had to pull it out with the truck.  He hit the brick light post out front with the truck.  He was trying to miss hitting my bush we had planted last year.  Could have been upset but just too thankful he didn't get hurt bad and the tractor didn't go way down in the ditch with him on it.  

Went to our officer's meeting tonight.  It was at Sullivan's because the Texan went out of business.  Nice surprise....Jackie, Craigie's mom, works there as a hostess. We hugged and were so happy to see and talk to each other.

1 comment:

Vikkis Blog said...

Awe, that's sad about the lady! :(
Geez, Dad! Hahaha