Sunday, October 28, 2007

Last night was missionary night at church. Each caregroup from church is assigned a missionary to pray for. Our group's missionaries are from Peru. Each caregroup had to prepare a table with pictures, items and food from the country of their missionary. We made Peruvian Sweet Potatoes, Potato pancakes and peanut butter salsa. It was yummy. We all walked from table to table to sample the food from all the countries. There were about 12 stations. Most of the food was delicious although some even I couldn't eat and I'm no fussy. Bill, however, only sampled a couple of rice dishes until he came to the USA. They had hotdogs and chips so that was his favorite table. We all met in the fellowship hall afterwards for cake and refreshments while our missionaries from China shared. It was very moving to hear how so many are risking their lives to spread the Gospel. Very fun and interesting evening.
Today I went to church early to get ready for my Sunday School class. Melissa dropped Hailey off before the service started as she couldn't come because Max is still a little sick. Mykenzie sang with her class and did an awesome job. They had to do many movements with the song too. Kenzie's Omi and Poppi came to church to see her too. They are the nicest people. Papa took Hailey to her class and she went right in with no crying. She also said her Bible verse without us having to go back and make her say it. She was such a big girl. We were happy to have her with us. After church, we went to the hospital with some friends to pray for 3 people in CCU. We left there and headed to some other friends who had invited the missionaries over and also some other people who were going to become missionaries in the same country. There were also a few other friends there. It was so interesting and enjoyable. We left there and stopped home to let Mocha outside. She was happy to see me. Bill left right away and went to get a pie to take to our neighbor, Maynard. He had invited us down for some delicious soup he made. It was the best soup I have ever tasted. We left there and Bill picked up his car from church. He headed home and I went to Melissa's and Bruce's to take some left over pie and also the Peruvian Sweet Potatoes. Bruce like sweet potatoes so I wanted him to try them. From there I went to my dad's to visit with him and my sister, Jody.
Very busy but delightful day. I need to take more pictures of the grandkids to put on. I only have pictures of Mocha and one of Kenzie. Right now Kimmy has my camera and cord for the computer and I have her camera with no cord. Kimmy, I am still amazed at how you carved the pumpkin with Lightning McQueen in it. Such detail. Can't wait to see the closeup picture of it.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me use your camera. I'm glad to see you posted. I love you.

Melissa said...

Hailey loved seeing all the cute pictures of Mocha. Love the picture of her with the white bow in her hair.

Anonymous said...

haiiiiiiiiiillllleeeeeeeeeyy3
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyy333333333333n33333333333333333uujj k ;33yyyyyyyyyyyyy
Hi, Nana. We are carving pumkins today. It will be fun. I can't wait to see you. I love love you. Love, Hailey

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the letter Hailey. It made me very happy. Love Nana