Monday, January 28, 2008

1/28/08

I didn't get many good pictures of the snow sculptures (there were actually only a few I liked), but I did get a cute one of Adam waiting while the other kiddos rode the horses, and one of the kids with Clifford. We had lots of fun as the whole family went other than Bruce and Bill. Friday I spent a wonderful day with Kimmy and the boys at there house, which included a trip to Salvation Army. We ran into Bruce, Melissa, Hailey and Max there so that was a treat. Went back to Kimmy's for lunch and fun with the boys. I think we had as much fun with Jacob's trucks as he did. Thanks for sharing, Jacob. We worked on Kimmy's sewing machine and got it back in shape. Kimmy has been keeping it very busy. The sewing table Jared refinished is absolutely beautiful. It looks even better in person than on the blog. The shelves in the bathroom are also wonderful. They look so nice. Go Jared! I finished my quilt for Kenzie and am putting on the pictures of it. Kenzie loves it. Thanks for all your sewing tips, Kimmy. Today, I took grandpa to the doctor, then we went to school and waited for Kenzie to get out. After that we headed to the pharmacy to drop of prescriptions. Went to get grandpa his blood test, then back to the pharmacy to pick up his scripts. They weren't ready yet, so we all decided to go get a concrete mixer. Before I started, I unzipped my coat as I told grandpa how I always seemed to slop when I ate these. He chuckled. When he started eating he did ok, but then he started slopping. Then I took my turn slopping. He had to admit he was the champion. Kenzie was eating hers and not making any mess. However, when we were done and she was still eating, she finally slopped. Grandpa was Big Slop, I was medium slop and Kenzie was little slop. They sure were yummy. They need to be eaten someplace other than in the car though.










5 comments:

The Daddy said...

what is a concrete mixer?? sounds like they are messy but I have never heard of them.

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

It's like a shake and you have them add toppings, fruit or candy that you like. We had
chocolate with fresh strawberries, bananas and pineapple mixed in and Kenzie had vanilla with cookie dough, M & M's and Take Five in hers.

Anonymous said...

Well, I had the same question as Eric. Glad to know what they are. Do you get them at Dairy Queen or some other franchised place or are they a local make up. So happy you can do the grandma thing with the kids.

Melissa said...

The blanket you made for Kenzie turned out really nice. I love the butterflies and the colors. Mocha looks like she really likes her little pillow and blanket too. Love Ya!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blanket - nice job Mom. I love you!