Friday, August 31, 2007

Great day for a ride... 8/31/07























We left early and headed for Oscoda. We went on the motorcycles with Wes and Gayla.
It was a relaxing ride with just the right temperature outside. Stopped for breakfast and while we waited for our order we ate some of Gayla's homemade oatmeal cookies. They were so yummy. Headed out and Bill's loud pipes set off someones car alarm. We went all over, checking out State Forest Campgrounds, Landmarks, etc. In the picture above, you can see
Bill looking at the water. Well the story behind that picture is that I told him to turn around so I could take a picture of him with the water behind him. Instead he faced the water and jumped. I about had heart failure. I didn't know there was a ledge below him. He jumped onto it, but it looked to me like he was jumping in the water. I screamed of course. If you look at the pictures of the benches, you can see what retirees do. Ha Ha!!! We came home and played Anniversary Uno, which is very different from regular uno. It was fun and we had lots of laughs. I won't mention how stressful it was playing with Bill. I always have to throw some pictures of my beautiful grandchildren in. I love them to pieces and love to show them off.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures - glad you took them camera. I laughed when I read about Dad's pipes setting off the alarm and about him jumping over the ledge. I'm glad you are enjoying retired life with Dad. Love ya! Kimmy

Anonymous said...

Whats up with the bear picture? Kimmy

Anonymous said...

I want to know about the bear picture too. I thought it was so funny about dad jumping. It made me laugh. I can just imagine him doing that. I'm glad you guys had a nice time. Love Melissa