Friday, January 1, 2016

1/1/16 New Year's Day

Getting ready for Bruce, Melissa and family to come.  Have Grandma Daisy's good china on the table (except Evan and Jack's place) 

Jack, Max, Hailey, Bill, Melissa, Evan, Bruce








Evan and Jack playing with legos

Max loved putting puzzles together and he was really good at it.

Max carried his puzzle over to show me.  He was so proud that he could carry it.  Hailey being a techie in the background
  

Picture Gayla sent me of Joel opening his change jar that counts his money.

We gave him some change to practice putting in.

Papa helping Max working on the puzzle.  Hailey and Bruce being techies in the background ha ha

Melissa watching Ann of Green Gables with one eye on the tv and one eye on her phone

Love this picture of Melissa and her kids and her new mother's ring Brenda and Dan got for them to give her.  So sweet of them

Hailey in her robe and her American Girl do with her matching robe that Hailey's Grandma Debbie made.  She's so talented

Got up at 6:30 and added water to the roll mix I put in bread maker last night and went back to bed till 8:30.   When I got up then, I made brownies and baked an apple pie I had frozen from the Rescue Mission.  Then I made the rolls.  While they were baking, I peeled the potatoes and carrots.  Then put the roast in the oven.  Set the table with the good china and then relaxed.  Melissa, Bruce and family came at 5:30.  Melissa and I got things on the table and then we prayed and ate.  After we cleaned things up and then had dessert.  Max absolutely loved putting puzzles together and the boys liked playing with the lego sets. Hailey loaded her I tunes card and put music on her I pad.  Everyone enjoyed playing their games on their phones, electronics, etc.  Melissa, Hailey and I watched  Anne of Green Gables.  Then the kids cleaned up the toys and left.  Bill and I watched a movie.

No comments: