Sunday, March 19, 2017

3/18/17....Fun Birthday today at Roy and Marie's and then Daytona Beach. Sure missing my family though. I love my family!

We loved our visit with Roy and Marie in Haines City, Florida today

Roy, Marie and me

Loved this picture Janet sent me of my class.  They didn't an amazing job on their  Happy Birthday signs for me.  It was so sweet of Janet to have them do this and send me the picture.  Love that I have 3 grandkids in my class this year.  Love all of these beautiful and sweet kiddos!

Daytona International Speedway

Huge ferriswheel that was taller than these apartments

When we got by Disney World, there were lots of cool things we passed

Yay we are at Daytona Beach

Lots of Bikers

Lots of signs on this bridge welcoming the bikers

My Biker Bill (Sure did thank the Lord he was a CMA biker)
Wouldn't want him to be like some of the hard core bikers we saw today.  I felt peach whenever I would see a Christian Motorcycle Patch on a vest

This bike was cool.  It is the Lord's Supper on the and he was giving out free tracts and Bibles.  Below is the side view


Tons of Bikes and people

I was so happy when Bill stopped at Daytona Beach and we spent some time there.  Loved hearing the salt water sizzle.  We took this selfie

On the other side of the state at the Gulf of Mexico, the sand is white.  Here on the Atlantic it is red!  Both are beautiful!

The water washed one lane of the road away....Don't know what they will do if this road gets washed away.  Lots of houses on the edge of it.  Under that sand is the other road

We went to Longhorn Steakhouse to eat my Birthday Dinner and celebrate.  Our hotel gave us a card for a free ($8.99) appetizer.  We got chips and spinach dip.  YUM!  Our steak was the best ever and our salad and potatoes were delicious.  Yummy Bread too!  The servers all came and sang Happy Birthday to me and brought me a huge hot fudge sundae which I shared with Bill.

We got up at 7 and went to Turner's Donuts and picked up donuts to go.  Wes, Gayla and Joel did too.  We said our goodbyes again and they headed home and we headed to Roy and Marie's on our way to Daytona Beach.  We ate one of our donuts.  On our way, after we had driven quite a while, I had Bill stop at a McDonald's and I got one egg mcmuffin.  He didn't get anything.  We made it to Marie and Roy's and visited in their 5th wheel.  She served us delicious coffee cake.  Visited for about 1 1/2 hours and then left to head to Daytona.  It was a nice country ride most of the way, and we passed lots of orange groves with tons of oranges.  Beautiful to see!  We ate our other donut before we got to Daytona Beach.  It was heavy traffic when we got there and so many motorcycles. It was something to see.  We drove around looking for a parking spot but found none, so we paid to park.  Once sign said $5 for motorcycle parking and $100 for cars.  FUNNY!  We didn't park their.  We paid to park in a church parking area.  $20...Wowsville!  I found a nickel so it was only 19.95 actually.  We walked down one side of town and up the other. Browsed some of the vendors, but many had lots of the same stuff.  We decided not to eat there, but to find a nice restaurant somewhere.  We stopped at Daytona Beach once we got where there weren't a lot of people.  We walked out to the water and it was absolutely beautiful.  Love the ocean waves sound.  We took some pictures and talked to a CMA couple we saw from Canada for a little while, then left.  Ate our other donut on the way.  Got to Kingsman, just across the GA line and went to a Fairfield Inn to get a room, because we love the breakfast there.  There was no vacancy.  Next we tried the Hampton Inn.  No vacancy there either, but they told us the Country Inn had rooms still.  We went there and they only had 3 rooms left.  We took the kingsize bed one.  We had the nicest room with 2 televisions, a little living room, then a hall with a sink and across from it the bathroom with another sink in it.  Then there was a door to our bedroom which was beautiful.  We got our stuff in and then went to the Longhorn Roadhouse for my Birthday dinner.  Such a fun day, but I sure missed my family.  So thankful I can talk to them.  They are the best and I sure do love each of them.  Cell phones are great for that!  


1 comment:

Kimmy said...

I love your selfie on Daytona beach! WOW $20 for parking!