Monday, March 13, 2017

3/13/17...Walked in the morning, went to St.Armand's Circle in Sarasota with Bill, Wes and Gayla went out to lunch with Joanne


Walked the beach, but it was much darker because of the time change.  It was so dark I could hardly see before it got light enough to take this picture, but I found a great shell the birds hadn't pecked yet.  Picture is above



                                         The sun was starting to rise on my way back.



St. Armand's Circle in Sarasota.  It is a large circle of shops!  Lots of expensive stuff, but we did find a few things for my birthday from Bill on the sale racks.  Found something for each of our girls too!

This was across from where we parked

Right after we pulled down this street and parked, the started shooting for a tv show called Claws on TNT.  Read up on it and it's not a show I will be watching

The star is behind the guy in the hat with her hand on her head.  She was over by the white car in the middle.  The girl in the black car had just parked there and the changed her license plate.  Kind of fun to watch them to the shoot.


Kind of funny, I took this picture and Angie took a picture of the same couple where she is in Florida.  Hers is much better as I was trying to get it while driving in traffic with cars next to us.

Kimmy, these pinch pots were beautiful.  They had a glittery pearly bottom in them.  Thought of you.

Driving into downtown Sarasota.  A couple of hours after we got home  there were tornado warnings there and they were telling people to take cover.  Don't know if it touched down or not yet.

Add caption




We took our Prius in because it was time for our oil change and there were two dogs with the guy in front of us.  That's Bill's foot!

The 2017 Prius Prime gets over 100 miles per gallon in the city.  You can go 640 miles on a ten gallon tank of gas!  It is the same price as a regular 2017 Prius but a 10 month wait to get one.

This feature would be great for Melissa and I
The guy came out and asked me if I knitted in the car.  This is what the blower filter looked like.   That is all pieces of yarn.  I only knitted two towel holders on the way and didn't have any colored yarn but grey.  Bill said he wanted the old filter.  We were going to take it to the dealer we got the car from and tell them they didn't check the car over good.  Then when we got the paperwork, it said it was rodent damage.  That's when I remembered the mouse that had chewed the colorful rug in the garage.  That's the yarn that was on the filter, very thick.  I had walked all over in the garage looking for a nest it could be making but didn't find any.  Should have looked in the car.  Glad they found it before we traveled home like that.  The dealership was very nice with coffee, flavored creamer, a peanut dispenser and an M&M dispenser.  Free goodies to enjoy while we waited.  One turn filled a small paper cup.  We stopped and got Kentucky Fried Chicken on the way home per request of Wes.  Gayla had potatoes and string beans made when we got home and a key lime pie.
Delicious meal.  Played Phase 10 and Gayla won.

3 comments:

Vikkis Blog said...

Wow pretty pictures! Thats cool that they were shooting a film there! Those pinch pots are super pretty. Wonder how they do the glitter! You didnt tell me u got us girls a surprise, you just told the kids you got them one. haha how exciting! I miss you guys! Finally got on the blog, last time was Feb 7th. Well Im all caught up now. Its fun reading your blog and seeing pics finally! I hate not having my blog on my phone ugh!

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

Mine is still on my phone!

Kimmy said...

Thats crazy about the mouse and the filter! Cute pinch pots!