Friday, March 10, 2017

3/9/17...Sad day today because Norman passed away. Sure will miss this special and loved dog! Spent most of the day in our swim suits at the beach and around the pool. Very nice day in the 80's

So sad today!  Kimmy, Jared and the boy's great dog Norman passed away.  I saw the text in the morning and cried.  Loved this dog.  He was one of the best ever!  Praying for my sweet family!

Kenzie and Norman 


My morning walk photo

Walked by this tree house

Morning oatmeal with fresh strawberries, nuts, and raisins in it

Breakfast time in our beach house!

Beautiful day on the beach

Handsome Billy

Joel relaxing on the beach

Bill and I under our sportsbrella! Sure glad we have it!

We watched a dolphin in the gulf by our beech house.  It's pretty close to the people that are in the water.

There's a dolphin in these two beach pictures, but just a tiny bit of it shows.  It's in the middle of this picture.
Gayla and Wes enjoying the pool


So happy Joel can enjoy the pool.

Joel and his two therapists, Wes and Bill


Took this nice picture of Joel from the other side of the pool

Bill in his shirt he says the girls and I got him over 20 years ago!  Looks like one he would pick out, not us.  I don't really remember who got it, just remember the shirt.

This is the back of it.  My Billy Baby!!!

He wanted me to take one of him standing so his sweet daughters could read it better!

Wes and Bill decided to raise the glass on our table by using suction cup handles and putting little pieces of plastic under by the edge.  Now when we play cards, our cards won't catch on the edge.  It was Wes's idea, Bill is his engineer and I thought of the plastic from some chairs outside that are wearing out.  The plastic is the size they need on the edge.  


Other end


They blew the leaves away around the pool today



The other side of the beach house



Tonight's sunset


Today, we hung out at the beach and the pool the whole day.  We set up our Sports Brellas and took our chairs and the other stuff we needed.  What a beautiful day it was.  We even saw a dolphin jumping out in the water by us.  We put our feet in the water, but it was pretty cold so we didn't swim.  We came back to our pool and swam here.  Soooooo nice!  Thought about Kimmy and family all day and prayed for them lots.  We went back to the beach and sat there for a while and then brought our stuff back.  Two girls were laying in their hammock at the park area when we came by.  I talked to them a few minutes and told them I should have brought mine with me.  Lots of good trees to hang it from.  I will put it on my list for the next time we come. The guys grilled chicken on the grill (Bill grilled his and mine longer till it was how we like it! Yum)  I made baked potatoes and Gayla made a salad. We also had watermelon that I had cut up earlier.  It was a great meal with great friends.  We went over and just sat on a picnic table by the beach to watch the sunset tonight.  We could still hear the music great from where we were.  We came back and watched the movie, "Do You Believe" and had carmel corn that Wes had got from the Red Barn.

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

I see the dolphin! So cool! I sure don't remember us buying that shirt for Dad - haha! Its really funny though! I love reading about your trip! Great pictures! I love you!!!

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

I love you. Can you imagine us picking out a shirt that says that. Not me.

Vikkis Blog said...

I love dads shirt! haha dream on dad!!! So funny about raising the glass on the table, you guys sure love cards lol!!! Beautiful sunset!!!