Wednesday, August 30, 2017

8/26/17...Picked, shucked and froze 2 1/2 bushels of corn today. Went to the Loon's game with Wes, Gayla, Melissa, Bruce and the kids



Corn I picked from our garden today.  Bill was on a motorcycle ride and I checked the corn and it was ready so picked it without my helper.

Ready to start cooking.  Got 24 gallon bags for the freezer.  Will be sharing with my sweet family.
Evan having fun before the Loons Game started.  It was Family Day.  Free hotdogs, popcorn, water bottles.  
Jack
Evan

Max

Max jumping

Jack
Evan with the fans Wes and Gayla were handing out

Nana and Evan



Papa and Jack

Hailey by the fire

Max with his fan

Hailey and Jack being silly

Gayla

Evan, Max, Jack, Hailey, Nana and Papa at the Loons game

Max, Evan, Jack, Hailey, Melissa and Bruce

Hailey, Jack, Max, and Evan

Hailey, Jack, Max and Evan

Me and Bill



Gala, Wes and Max

Hailey and Gayla

Gayla, Jack, Wes and Evan

Bill left for Owosso to witness for the Lord.  I was going to pick tomatoes and check the corn and pick what was ripe.  Well I didn't get to the tomatoes because almost all of the corn was ready.  We are going to be gone tomorrow through Monday afternoon so I picked it all, shucked it, cooked it and froze it.  What a big job.  I am used to Bill being there to help with it.  Sure did miss him.
After I finished it, I got ready and we left for the tailgate party at the Loon's game.  It was Family Day and Wes and Gayla had gotten us and Melissa and her family free tickets.  We ate hot dogs, popcorn, and had a water bottle with it.  Bruce and Max tested the chicken wings to see which were the best.  Different churches were competing.  The kids had fun in the bounce houses.  That ended at 6 and then we went and set up our chairs on the lawn.  It was a beautiful evening.  TheLoons won, 7 to 6.  We stayed for the fireworks afterward.  They were really good.  



No comments: