Tuesday, June 2, 2009

6/2/09 Grandpa caught a cat...

Grandpa caught a cat last night in his trap so he called me this morning and said we get to go out to breakfast. When he catches a cat, we stop at the restaurant that is near the humaine Society and take turns treating each other for breakfast. His hip was feeling lots better so he was using a cane instead of the walker. We both had eggs, potatoes, and bacon for me/sausage for grandpa. We got back to his house and I had to call on some bills he got that were mixed up. Then I left and went to
a store and got a duffle bag on wheels for me to take on my retreats. Kenzie is going to use it on her missionary trip. I really like it. It is a great size with lots of compartments on the outside and plenty of room on the inside. Went to
get my pumpkin plants after that and came home to plant them and do some hoeing around my flowers. Looks like the woodchuck that I found out is also a groundhog by reading the encyclopedia today, is eating some of my plants....squash plants of all things. I went around the corner of the woodpile and there he was. I screamed and he went running. Worked on my blog to catch up too. Vikki picked up Kenzie and then called dad to meet her and go to Misty's new house. Dad wanted me to meet him there too so I took grandpa his supper and met them. Misty's house is really cute, but the wiring dad was working on for the plugs was old and brittle. I studied math with Kenzie for her exam while they worked on it. Dad and I went out to eat afterwards. I stopped at grandpa's on my way home to visit with him more and he gave me some wire cages to put around my plants.

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

I never knew a woodchuck and a groundhog were the same animal. Can't believe you came face to face with it. Guess its better than face to face with a skunk:) Love ya.