Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Grandpa came home today...

We found out yesterday that grandpa had a fractured hip. Two weeks ago when he got out of my car at my house he said "oh, my hip". I told him to sit until he felt ok, before going into the house. He said he was ok and went in. We ate and visited and he was doing fine. I took him home and when he got in the shower, his hip started really hurting. The next morning it was very painful so he started using the walker.
I wanted to take him in but he wanted to wait a few days to see if it got better. I called the dr. to see if she thought it should be x-rayed. I talked to the office girl and she said she would ask the dr. and let me know. She never got back with me so a couple of days later I drove to her office. There was a sign saying the dr. was taking a class. Dad thought it was getting better slowly, so we waited longer. Then it stayed the same so I called and got him into my dr. She had him have an x-ray and bone scan. They called us right after the x-ray and said he had a fractured hip and I needed to take him into x-ray to be admitted. This was on 6/16/09. He was admitted. Aunt Jody came to visit him as soon as she got out of work. Talked to Aunt Brenda alot keeping her updated. Aunt Jody and I had a nice visit and lots of good laughs. The dr. wants to wait on surgery and see if it heals itself in the next couple of weeks. Grandpa has to take it easy...No making his bed, doing laundry, mowing grass, feeding animals,...etc. He needs to be walking without putting weight on his sore hip, which he is doing very well. The therapist were impressed. I saw Nancy in therapy. Melissa had her many times as well as Grandma, and Grandpa. She asked all about Melissa, her family, and all my grandkids. She is so sweet. Grandpa came home on 6/17/09. Now we and many others are praying specifically for a quick healing of his fractured hip. We are trusting and believing. Oh, yesterday we caught one baby ground hog, and today we caught the big one and two more babies. I guess we have 2 babies to go yet according to Bill.


Aunt Missy got this outfit for Kenzie along with lots of other cute clothes. We loved this one on Kenzie especially.

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

GOod your catching the woodchucks. I'm glad you took Grandpa to your doctor. We are praying for him. Jacob always remembers to pray for him too. Cute outfit on Kenzie. Love ya.

Melissa said...

That outfit looks really cute on Kenzie. Glad it was the right size. We are all praying for Grandpa too. Love ya.