Friday, June 12, 2009

Caught a big racoon last night instead of the woodchuck.

I went to grandpa's and hung out his clothes. The turkey was out there in the garden dusting, but grandpa told me to go out anyhow. The turkey moved but not very fast and not very far. When I was done we headed to take his car in as the check engine light comes on but not very bright. After there we headed to the bank to see why his card doesn't work when he goes to the store. We ran into Rody while we were there so that was a nice surprise. He came and talked to us by the car after he finished his banking.
Rody told grandpa he needed a car wash (there was lots of dust on the car), and then laughed. When we got home, we washed grandpa's car and mine. I soaped with a brush and grandpa rinsed. He asked me if I wanted to get wet. I told him no of course. I took the clothes off the line and this time the big tom turkey was out there. He didn't move very far away and stayed all the while I took them off the line. Came home and weed wacked, hung clothes out, and hoed the flower bed in front of the house. Took dad his dinner and had to hurry home as we went out with Chuck and Sue for dinner and a movie. Played cards after we got back to their house. The guys beat us 2 out of three. Only beat the last game by one point. We know how to make out hubby's happy, don't we. Let them win at cards. Big surprise today was our groundhog has babies. I saw three little ones playing by the shed deck. So cute. I tried to get pictures, but they didn't come back out once I got my camera. I did get a video of one though.

4 comments:

Kimmy said...

Grandpas so funny. He should have gotten you wet anyway:) Awh, I wanna see the video of the baby groundhogs.

The Daddy said...

Grandpa next time you have the hose dont ask if Penny wants to get wet. Just spray her.

Penny said...

You sound just like your brother...two peas in a pod I think

Melissa said...

Glad you got a video of the baby groundgogs. I can't wait to see it. We need to teach you how to post vidoes on your blog. It's so easy.