Thursday, June 4, 2009

6/4/09 Dad had lots of turkeys ...

This morning, I headed over to grandpa's to do his laundry and hang it outside. He wanted me to do his bedding too so I had three nice loads. As I was hanging it out, I saw the baby fawn out back. It was so cute. Grandpa has been telling me about it for about a week, but this is my first time to see it. The first time he saw it,
he was so excited. He told me he had never seen anything like it in his 92 years. He said it was smaller than my little dog, Mocha. Even when he lived up north in the woods, he never saw one this small. I left for home to mow the grass. I got it half done along with the weed wacking, and went back to dad's. The turkeys were there in full force. Three or four toms plus some hens. I videoed them and waited, but I couldn't wait forever so I went out and took his bedding down off the line. They walked past the garden, but didn't go any farther. They watched me but didn't take off. I was surprised. I took the rest of the clothes off the line and they walked farther back towards the end of grandpa's property, but still stayed there.
I came home and finished the lawn. Kenzie got here and wanted to go swimming. She stayed in for about 15 minutes, then was cold and wanted to take a hot shower. I made dinner and went back to grandpa's to take food to him. There were the turkeys again, right up by his bird feeder and window again. He had his camera ready. This morning when he tried to get a picture, the battery was dead. I showed him how to charge the camera so he would be ready the next time they came. When I got home, Bill, Kenzie and I ate and then Kenzie studied for her exam in S.S. and I quizzed her. We took a break and we made ice cream cones. Tomorrow is her last exam.
I got home today and their was a message so I listened. All I could hear was someone crying. I knew it was Max or Hailey, so I called Melissa as I was a little worried. Hailey had gotten stung by a bee. Poor little girl. I felt so bad for her. She was doing better by the time I talked to her, but it was itching her.

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

Wow, thats a tiny fawn. Sounds like Grandpa has pet turkeys. Poor Hailey.

The Daddy said...

That is a little fawn..maybe grandpa should go out and see how close he can get to it. Yeah better let know know that Jared cant hit the broad side of barn painted with purple poka dots from 10 feet or less

Penny said...

too funny of a comment BabyR's daddy....