Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kenzie's last day of school...

I planned on getting to dad's around 9am, but got a call from Kenzie at school saying they were going to swim so she needed me to bring her a suit. I quickly got ready, got her stuff and headed out. She was right there to meet me when I got at school. I went to grandpa's and he was just winning a game of solitare. He had such a smile that I just had to take his picture. I hoed a couple of rows of plants, before heading off to my dr. appt. They weighed me, took my temp. and blood pressure, then asked if I wanted to wait out in the waiting room by the tv as the dr. was not there yet. There were lots of others waiting, so I decided after a few minutes to just go and see if I could get a copy of my blood test. I was there for the dr. to go over it. I told them I could reschedule if need be. I asked if there would be a charge where the dr. wasn't there and she said no. Yea!
I went back to grandpa's. When I was there the first time, I wanted to borrow his live trap, but it didn't work right when he went to show me how to use it. He had caught a big racoon last night and it got the wire out of place. When I got back he had it working and told me all it took was one good bang with the hammer.
I borrowed it to catch a woodchuck that is enjoying plants in my garden.
Bill called me and said that gas at our station was ten cents off today. I took our empty cans and filled them and also put a little in my car. It didn't hold much because I had just filled it. Kenzie had a half day so she got off the bus at my house at about 1pm. She came in the door in tears. At first I was worried, but right away she told me she was crying because she would miss all of her friends at school. She said mostly all her friends were crying. I was always happy to get out of school. No boo hooing for me, even though I missed my friends.
I mowed the lawn while Kenzie swam. Then I gave her a list of inside jobs I needed done. She worked on getting them done before going to Aunt Kimmy's and Uncle Jared's. I went to dad's and asked him if he wanted me to fill his gas cans too, and he did so off I went. I took them back to his house and then headed out for our dinner. I got him a KFC grilled chicken meal. When I took it to him, he smiled and said I like this, this is a great meal. Thanks a million. I got to our house and gave Bill his meal, then Jared came to get Kenzie. She still had to unload the dishwasher and sweep the front sidewalk, so he waited for her to finish. Bill and I had to leave at 5 to go on the motorcycle to a camp for the handicapped. They are always so excited to see the bikes, sit on them if they are not wheelchair bound, and talk to us. They had great snacks for us to munch on. They are all so sweet and loving. We always enjoy our visits with CMA there.

Kenzie with Mocha

Dad winning at solitare

4 comments:

Kimmy said...

No crying from me when school was out. But, we also had siblings to play with during the summer. That picture of Grandpa is cute.

Melissa said...

Grandpa sure looks happy about winning his game. Cute picture.

The Daddy said...

I see Grandpa is ready to keep the varmits out of the garden...Does he just open the window and take care of the rabbits that are eating the veggies in the garden?? Hopefully he's a better shot then Jared is.

Penny said...

He takes care of the blackbirds eating all of his birdfood. He is a great shot for 92 yrs. and yes he just opens that window...Watch out black birds...