Friday, June 5, 2009

Melissa and the kiddos came over...6/5/09

Grandpa and I went grocery shopping today. I had to get home afterwards because Melissa had called and she and the kiddos were coming over while someone looked at their house. They were at my house when I got home, playing in the basement. They loved the new washer and dryer Aunt Bippi picked up for me. We ate lunch downstairs and had ice cream sandwiches for dessert. Hailey said she didn't like ice cream sandwiches, but when we talked her into trying it, she loved it. We went outside after lunch and the kids played on the swings, slide, rode bikes and cars. My peonies are out now so they look beautiful and smell beautiful too. They remind me so much of grandma, and Grandma Daisy. Amazing how a flower can bring so many good memories. The kids were all so good. It was fun watching them play.
Kenzie swam again today when she got here. Papa sat outside with her while she swam and I made dinner. I took grandpa his dinner and he couldn't wait to show me the picture he had on his camera. He said he was in the kitchen and heard a knock on the sliding glass door in the dining room. He hollered Penny, Penny, but when I didn't answer, he decided he'd better go see who was knocking. He went to the door and there was a big Tom Turkey pecking at his glass on the door. Grandpa took a picture. I will get it tomorrow and post it. It was so big. It didn't get scared and run away even when Grandpa went up to the door. He finally opened the door and it took off running. Watered the garden tonight.
















Jack fell asleep when he was swinging. It was so cute to watch him.














5 comments:

Melissa said...

Funny how the turkey was "knocking" at grandpa's door. Can't wait to see the picture. We sure had a nice time spending the day with you. I love you.

Kimmy said...

Them pictures of Grandpa's turkey are too funny! Love ya.

Melissa said...

Where are the pictures of Grandpa's turkey. For some reason I can't seem to find them. I scrolled up and down the whole page and don't see them.

Vikki's Blog said...

wow I havent checked your blog in a few days...I didnt think you would have blogged. lol Well Im glad you have been. Nice pictures. Now you need to scan the pics of Grampas turkey, MR. KNOCKIN PENNY! LOL too funny!

The Daddy said...

Yeah I was wondering where the picture of Jared was too...oh wait thats right he's the soap dispenser but he can be a turkey too