Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Celebrated Jacob's 4th birthday today 5/27/09

The day after we got back from our trip to Washington DC, Kimmy and Jared had us over for Jacob's birthday celebration. We had yummy food and cake plus ice cream, of course. The boys were fun to watch. Jacob was very excited about his birthday and being four years old. Grandpa enjoyed himself. When I got to his house, he had his card box out and had a birthday card all picked out. He asked me if it was ok. It said grandson on it so I told him it was perfect. I asked if he wanted me to write a check (I always write the grandkids birthday checks for him) and he said "certainly." "He's got to have a check. He's a wonderful boy, just a wonderful boy." He had a big smile on his face while he was saying it. When I babysat Jacob when he was little, he was grandpa's buddy. They spent lots of time together while I took mom to get her blood drawn and other appointments. They have a special bond because of spending that precious time together and Jacob being such a good boy.








Great job on the rocket cake, Kimmy. I love how it looked when the candles were lit. It looked ready for take off. It took of to our tummies. Yummy!

















1 comment:

Kimmy said...

It sure was a fun evening. Thanks for posting your pictures. Love ya!