Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Today I went to our weekly breakfast. Bill surprised us and showed up. We were all happy to see him. I left there and went to see if grandpa's doctor's office was open. It wasn't, so I went to see if this Educator store was open and it was permanently out of business. Next I went to Meijers to get wire for the garden to keep the pesty woodchuck out til I catch him. I headed to get some more plants after that. Went to grandpa's and he said his leg was feelling a little better.
He had a couple of turkeys in the back dusting themselves. I left and came home. Kimmy called me and said the boys had had dr. appts. She was going to go to a park so I decided to meet her. We had lunch together and watched the kids play a little. Adam came running up to me and gave me another hug. It made me so happy. Jacob came and did the same thing. They know how to make their Nana happy. When it was time to go we saw papa pull up in his car. We walked across the bridge and the boys sure gave him a good greeting. Jacob gave him a kiss and Adam said me kiss too. They know how to make their Papa happy too. Then I headed to Melissa's to watch her kids and Kimmy headed to my house. Max, Hailey and Jack were very good. We ate animal crackers for our snack. Then it was time for Jack to have his bottle and the boys to take their naps. They went to bed so good. I had to get a picture of Max so I took one of him in bed. I should have thought of it sooner. Hailey and I went outside and she showed me how she rides her scooter. She does great. I pushed her on the swing for a while. She can pump herself and go really high now. We caught a spider and sat on the swing observing them for a while.
I met Kimmy and Jared afterwards at the park they were taking the boys fishing at. Kenzie went too. We had fun and they caught lots of little fish and then they threw them back in. Jacob was doing a pretty good job at learning how to cast. His mommy was an excellent teacher. Kenzie and I left there and while I got dinner, she swam in the pool. Dad and I dropped her off at her house when we went to the hospital to visit a lady from our church who had fallen. She is 92 and is the sweetest person.
She didn't break any thing but bruised her arm badly. We anointed her with oil and prayed for her. Then we went to the funeral home as a man from our church's dad just passed away. We got there at 7pm and they were closed. They let us go in for a few minutes, but the family was gone. Melissa called me when I got home. Max talked to me and was so sad that he had to sleep most of the time I was there, and I was gone when he woke up. He was so precious. It made me sad that I couldn't spend more time with him too.








I felt bad having to put Max down for a nap shortly after I just got there. He was so good about going to bed.

Hailey took this picture of Nana and Jack.














2 comments:

Kimmy said...

Thanks for suggesting that park and meeting us there. I love you.

Melissa said...

Sorry mom. I was thinking that 20 minutes would be enough time for Max. But I guess by the time he finished his snack there wasn't really much time to play. And he does always go to bed so good without ever complaining no matter what. Poor guy. I feel bad now. It's just that I knew we were going to grandpa's house later so he'd be staying up later and didn't want him to be grumpy. I told Max next time I would let him stay up with Nana. That made him happy.