Friday, March 13, 2015

Another beautiful 80 degree day on Anna Maria Island.


 Well because of the time change, this is what the beach looked like when I started my morning walk at around 6:30 a.m.  It wasn't long before it started getting light out.


 These two pictures were being taken as a wave came in and all of a sudden, my flip flops were washed away by the waves.  I was blessed though as another wave brought them back to me.  Happy Happy Feet to have my croc flip flops back.

 I walked up to those big hotels and then turned and came back.  I had already walked a ways as you can see how light it is now.

 When I turned around to go back, this is what the sky looked like.  In the picture below you can see the moon.  It was absolutely georgeous.



 These birds are waiting for food from the gulf.  They let me get pretty close.  Never even moved and I went right by them.  Picture is taken without zooming in.
 We had a relaxing day at the pool.  Joel is enjoying his nap.  I did a lot of swimming today so got lots of exercise which I need after all the food I am eating.  A friend of Wes and Gayla's, Ronnie, came to spend the day with us.  Wes grilled hamburgers that were delicious and we also had, cottage cheese, watermelon, honey dew melon, chips, cole slaw, and fresh strawberry sundaes for dessert.

 We headed next door to listen to music and wait for the sunset.  Ronnie treated us to onion rings and french fries, pop and coffee.  They have huge delicious onion rings.
 The music was done by two guys.  One sang and one was the drummer.  They both are really good on the drums and had people sit in a circle later and play bongos for about 1/2 hr.  We did it 2 yrs. ago, but not this year.  The lady at the end of the table was Mary Mirons niece.  Mary sold us our house with the pit in Hemlock and was our neighbor next door for a while.  Small world for sure.
We came back to our place and sat around the gas fire pit.  Then we headed in to play cards.  Gayla was the winner and I was second place.  Barely beat dad...only because I went out the last hand right away.  We had a very nice surprise today.  We got a phone call.  At first I thought it was Hailey be cause they sounded so grown up, but then thought it sounded like a boy so couldn't be.  Plus she was in school.  Then I asked if it was Jack and he said yes.  He was so sweet on the phone.  Melissa said he told her he wanted to call us.  He talked to me quite a while then wanted to talk to Papa.  It made our day.  Got to face time with Peyton and see her beautiful dress and leotard, then saw Isaac and his cute bow tie, then Kenzie with her lovely lizard.  Love face time and getting to see my family. I got to show Vikki and the kids the waves and the beach.  No good sunset as it was too cloudy. Last night I got to show Kimmy and Jacob the sunset.   Had already shown Melissa and the kiddos.  Need to see Adam and Eli and show them now.  Kimmy and Jared have a total of 5 lambs born now.  More to come.  Looks like they are going to be very blessed this year.


2 comments:

Vikki's Blog said...

Haha the birds waiting for their food is funny! Like they are soldiers hahaha
And I love the sky, and the pic of Joel taking a nap, he looks so cute!

Kimmy said...

They're like guards at Buckingham Palace - haha
Love the pictures of your feet in the water with your croc flip flops. Glad the wave brought them back:) Playing cards reminds me so much of Grandpa (and Grandma). Glad you beat Dad, haha. Go Mom!! Love you!!!