Wednesday, March 18, 2015

These were beautiful flowers on this bush behind Joel.

We were at a restaurant called Starfish, but it was so packed, we left and went to another restaurant.

This was the outside wall of the next restaurant.

This was our view from our outside table.  See the pelicans waiting for  fish in the water.


A nice guy offered to take a picture of all of us as I was going to take one.  It was a seafood restaurant but most of us got burgers.  The fish prices were outrageous for lunch.  I did get a free piece of Key Lime pie with oreo crust because it was my birthday.  Yummy!

This bird is a heron from South America.  It is one of the birds I took a picture of making the nest.  He landed right above my head so I snapped a picture.

He decided to take a drink out of our pool!

Loved my gift from all of you.  I knitted with them tonight and the  bamboo knitting needles are amazing.  I love the needle holder.  It is beautiful and made by beautiful daughter Kimmy.  Love the yarn too!  Great colors!  And I really love the card signed by everyone in my family!  Thanks for a great birthday and such special gifts.  I loved our conference call and your birthday song to me.

Bill, Wes, and Gayla threw a party for me and invited Louise, Becky, Dave,  and Ron.  We came back after eating out and went for a swim, then had a delicious cake Bill picked up at Der Dutchman Amish Restaurant yesterday.  It was delicious.  Wes and Gayla had picked up ice cream and that was delicious too. 

We played cards (3-13) then went for a nice walk on the beach.  The water felt great on our feet.

Went to listen to music and watch the sunset.  Dad took a picture of Joel on his watch.  It is below!

Here is my sweetie showing us Joel's picture he just took.

Notice that the sign says no standing at any time and look at what Louise and Becky are doing.  Good thing they didn't get arrested.

This was so sweet of Kim tonight.  In our kid's care group class she had a birthday party for me and took lots of pictures of my sweet kiddos.  This is their silly one.  Sure do miss and love all of them in the picture!  So sweet!

It was a very fun and special day.  Gayla wouldn't let me do anything today but relax.  Everyone was so sweet, those here and those back home.  I am truly blessed!  Thank you Jesus!!!
This is a picture I forgot to put on yesterday.  It shows the consistency of the soft sand pretty good. It was so soothing on my feet.  Never felt sand like this anywhere else.  I vote this beach #1 too!

5 comments:

Kimmy said...

I'm glad you had a special day!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

Thank you Kimmy Kay! Love you and can't wait to see you and hug you! 2 more sleeps in Florida.

Vikki's Blog said...

Im glad you liked your Bamboo needles! Love the pic of Louise and Becky standing under the NO STANDING AT ANY TIME sign hahaha so cute! Those girls are trouble haha
Im so glad Gayla let you relax! She is a great friend!
Happy Birthday again Mom

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

I do love the needles! Amazing to use

Melissa said...

So glad you had a wonderful relaxing day for you birthday. It sure was nice getting to all talk to you at the same time while you opened your gift. Love you soooooo much!!!