Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Siesta Keys Beach....Voted #1 Beach in Whole USAThat

At Beautiful Siesta Beach!  The sand is soft like flour.  It felt so good on our feet.  Amazing creation of God!  Joel enjoyed the beach in the beach chair they had there for him to use.  The beach is in front of Joel and all that sand behind him is just as soft and white and wonderful as it is right up by the beach.  

Me soaking up the sun and enjoying the beach!  I got stung by a bee right before this pic.  Ouch!  I gave him a swat but wasn't fast enough.  Left his big ole stinger in my arm.  Can't figure out why a bee would be out where it is all sand and water.  Couldn't make mud to put on it that's for sure.

Parasailors above.  Gayla is just getting out of the water.  She was testing it with her feet.

Wes and Bill were brave and got wet all over!  The color of the water was absolutely beautiful.  84 degrees out today

That's as far as I went in.  It wasn't too cold, but not warm like our pool that I'm used to.

I was talking with this beautiful daughter when we were on the beach.  Miss her and my other two beautiful daughters too!

Joel loved relaxing on this beach chair.  Wish we had one on our beach for him.  It has huge wheels so we could push him close to the beach.


Dad and I took a mile long walk on the beach.  It was breathtaking.  We found a few shells.

We decided to take a selfie on our walk.

We decided to do a footie while our feet were in the water close to shore.

Can you believe all the people on the beach.  Do you recognize an arm?  One thing, when you walk, even though there's lots of people, most people are walking and getting out of your way so it doesn't seem crowed when walking.


We all got hungry after almost 3 hours on the beach.  Decided to leave and head for an amazing Amish Restaurant.

This is the walk way to the beach!  There is a restaurant here and they sell things too. 

This is the restaurant.  The food is behind the glass panels.  It was a huge buffet with tons of homemade food the Amish cooked.  They had the best chicken I've ever tasted.  They had desserts too and ice cream came with our meal besides.  We were super stuffed.  Gayla and I had out swim suits under our clothes so that made us seem extra full.

The food was indescribably delicious!  

Gayla was being silly with her chubby full cheeks.

After we ate, we walked up here and looked at the stuff in the store.  It went in a square all around this opening.  You could go up either staircase and they also had an elevator.

I looked down at Wes and Joel and snapped their picture.

This is what part of the upstairs store looked like.
Downstairs they had all food, breads, jams, etc.  Can you see dad at the counter?

Outside porch of the restaurant.

This is the outside view of the restaurant and sign.  These are some of the bikes the Amish workers ride to work.  Even the older ladies ride them with their dresses on.  

It was a fun filled day.  When we got home we were all to stuffed to eat supper so dad and I went for a swim and Wes, Gayla and Joel sat out by the pool and relaxed.  We went out and sat by the fire pit but it was very windy so didn't keep it on long.  Watched the beautiful sunset, then came in and watched the movie, 'The Hiding Place".  Was so blessed to be able to be on the phone with all 3 precious daughters at the same time.  Vikki had us practice for tomorrow so I can open my present from them with them on the phone.  Such a great idea....can't wait to open this package that came from them in the mail and kept me wondering all week.  Love, Prayers and blessings to my wonderful family and dear friends!

4 comments:

Kimmy said...

The sand is so beautiful!! Love your selfie pictures and the pictures of your cute feet!! Hope your bee sting didn't hurt long:( LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Vikki's Blog said...

I love when you guys take selfies haha and the footie, that is hilarious! The beach looks so nice! I cant wait for summertime!
Sorry you got stung :( ouch!
Im glad I got to facetime you while you were on the beach!
It is so fun seeing your blog and everything your doing and everywhere you go. I feel like Im there with you, Im just a little bit colder haha, especially when I see you in the water, I get chills haha. Love you!

Kimmy said...

Waiting for a birthday post. Hope you had the best birthday! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Kimmy said...

Oh I guess I just had to refresh my screen haha