Tuesday, October 27, 2015

10/27/15

Hailey, Abby, Jack, Max and Evan

Adam and Eli at Jacob's concert


Jacob playing the clarinet at his band concert

Jacob and the rest of his class did great and sounded so good.

Eli, Jacob and Adam after Jacob's concert.  


Bill had an evaluation appt. in Detroit for the VA today.  Charlie went with him because I didn't want to take a chance on missing Jacob's first band concert.  His appt. went well.  I cleaned out a drawer and updated some small picture books of the grandkids.  Then at 2:20 I went to Melissa's to watch Evan.  I drove the truck as dad had the car.  Visited with Melissa for a few minutes and prayed for her about Jack's dr. appt. she was going to.  At 2:40, Evan and I left to go pick up Hailey and Max from school.  I was so excited to see them.  On our way home, we stopped at Vikki's to pick Mocha up and drop some stuff off to Vikki.  Isaac and Peyton helped her so much watching Mocha and letting her in and out for Vikki.  Wish I would have taken a pic of them while I was there.  Sure am thankful for the good care they give Mocha.  Mocha likes it there as well as at home.  Then I asked the kids if they wanted to stop at Tim Horton's.  It was a unanimous YES.  We went there and all picked out a donut and a drink.  Evan didn't want a drink.  We saw Louise and her friends there which was nice.  Took a donut home to Melissa and Jack.  They were home when we got there. I left and dad got home shortly after I was home.  Was happy to have him home to go to Jacob's concert with me.  Right before we left, Gayla called me and I could tell she was crying.  It scared me so I asked what was wrong.  She told me Lori died.  I was so sad to hear this.  Lori was so sweet, kind and so giving.  She never complained no matter what she was going through.  She was very talented and loved making things for people.  She had a port put in last week and couldn't have dialysis after having it in.  Then least night we got a message saying she had a blockage in her neck and was having emergency surgery so to please pray.  Then today she got a blood clot which went to her brain so she passed away.  Such a loss for us but a gain for heaven.  Will miss her so much.  On the 18th we were celebrating Kimmy and Vikki's birthday at our house and Lori came to pick up two free tickets we gave to her and her mom for the Newsong Concert on Sunday night.  She came to pick up the tickets.  That was the last time I saw her.  She was happy and looked good.  She gave me a rose her mom picked for me from their rosebush.  I admired them and smelled them when I dropped Lori off at her house last week.  It was a rose bud and all week I watched it open.  It died the same day as Lori.  We left for the concert.   We were excited to see the boys at the concert.  The concert was so nice.  Jacob looked handsome and played his clarinet so nicely. His 5th grade group sounded so nice.  So did all of the other classes and the high school marching band was amazing.  Really enjoyed this.  Walked out with Kimmy and Jared and we were parked really close together which was nice because we had a bushel of apples to give to them.  On the way home Bill asked if I anything from McDonalds.  The line at the McDonalds by Jacob's school was too long so we didn't stop.  Bill stopped in Freehand instead and we got hot fudge sundaes.  They were yummy.

No comments: