Sunday, October 4, 2015

10/4/15 Stayed in Cheboygan and today we are heading home




This was on the backside of our hotel and this is where I took my walk this morning


View the other direction


I heard someone calling me and looked up to see Gayla on her balcony
That is the end ahead!


It was so peaceful

This was the view looking straight across


Things were just ducky


Practicing with our selfie stick


On our way home we stopped at a cute little log restaurant.  All sorts of animals were on the walls.  Loved this zebra, but felt bad for it.  Never saw one mounted on a wall before.  The food was good and they had big yummy cinnamon rolls.  Dad ate one there and I got one to take home.





We didn't see much color so this is the only picture I got.

We were at a gas station when I tried to capture the same picture above with people in it.


Dad loading our bag back on the motorcycle.  When we started out it was raining lightly so Gayla and I rode in the car with Eva.  Dad borrowed my sweatshirt so he would have a hood under his helmet.  We rode the motorcycles again after we stopped at the restaurant above.
On the road!  Luis is ahead of us and Wes is leading the pack.

I got up at 6:30 and got ready and then while Bill got ready, I went for a walk by the river.  After that we ate our continental breakfast at the hotel.  The servers were so nice and went out of their way to talk to us and help with whatever we needed.  I ate a bagel and cream cheese, yogurt, a slice of cinnamon bread, a banana, and an egg.  Bill ate 2 big waffles.  We packed up and it was sprinkling.  Gayla and I decided to ride in the car until it stopped raining.  It was only misting at least.  The guys had a deer run in front of them and turkeys with babies.  We saw lots of turkeys.  At 11:30 we stopped to eat.  Wes remembered this restaurant had good cinnamon rolls so that's why he picked it.  We got back on the motorcycles and rode the rest of the trip.  At least it wasn't windy like yesterday.  We stopped at the gas station next and that was our last stop.  Didn't see much color but had a great time.  Went to church at 6 pm and Pastor Ken taught on New age beliefs.  He also taught on 7th Day Adventist as Ben Carson is running for president and that is what he is.  Nice to be informed.  We were happy to see Bruce, Melissa, and Hailey there.  Got to hug Max and Jack before Tasha picked them up and took them to her house till Bruce and Melissa were done.  I went to Vikki's afterwards to get Mocha.  Visited for a little while.  She gave me my beautiful scarf she made me.

1 comment:

Vikkis Blog said...

Glad you guys had fun! Love the selfie!!!