Sunday, October 4, 2026

Sunday, 10/4/26, went to church, Celebration Sunday, went to Turkey Run, then went on a nice ride. Had chili when we got back. Talked with old and new friends. Eli hurt his knee really bad playing soccer, We are praying for him..

Karen, Elaine and Bill at our house before we left for the ride
We saw some beautiful color in some places today
Bill, Jim, Elaine and Karen on the ride to Crump
Jim and Bill at the Turkey Run Trinity Riders and Bubba put on

Me, Karen and Elane
Vikki’s cute dog, Lucy

We went to Church.   It was Celebration Sunday so we had baby dedications, baptisms, people becoming members and 2 of our pastors getting ordinated to serve at our church.  Nehemiah and Emily were getting their baby dedicated, so I got to see Pony.  Melissa and I helped out in the nursery at Bay Shore during family camp a few years ago.  It was so nice to see her.  Lots of family members were there to see the baby’s dedication.

Afterward, we went up to the altar to pray for people and had cookies afterwards while we talked to people.  

We headed home, got our motorcycle stuff on, and what we were taking ready.  Elaine and Karen came and we waited for Jim for 20 minutes, then decided to leave.  It’s a good thing we didn’t wait for him, because he pulled in to the Turkey Run right after us.  He decided just to come himself.  There were over 170 people there which was a great turnout.  Kevin, Kenzie’s grandpa, came to it too, and came and talked to us.  

Karen led us on the Ride and the 5 of us went together. It was a beautiful day, other than it was a little windy.  The sun was out most of the time though.  We rode through the country and ended up in Standish, then headed back.  Before we got to Standish, we stopped at Karen’s mom’s house and met her.  We saw a huge group of bikers from the Turkey Run go by her house, so then we left after that.  We had chili when we got back to Crump.  It was good homemade chili that the people in Trinity Riders brought.  Kevin came and talked to us again.  He’s thinking of joining CMA.  

We left for home and Karen led the way.  We changed, then I took my helmet, my lightweight leather jack, my boots, and my helmet out to the camper and put stuff away for our time in Arkansas.  I was going to text Eli to see how homecoming was, and I saw a text from Kimmy saying Eli hurt his knee really bad at soccer today.  Bill and I prayed for him right away.  I feel so bad for him and for them.  They are taking him to see Adam’s surgeon tomorrow.  I called because I can get calls through my Sena on my helmet, but don’t hear when I get messages.  The message was from around 3 hours earlier.  Kimmy told me what happened and filled me in on all the details.  We read our Bibles after we got home.  

I made egg salad sandwiches, then a while later, I popped popcorn.  I made it according to Jared and Kimmy’s direction.  It tasted delicious, and I love not having kernels in our popcorn bowls.  We went to bed after midnight.


 

No comments: