![]() |
| Vikki and I took a selfie, but I forgot to get our matching shirts in the picture. She had texted me and asked me to wear the same shirt with the cross on it. We had fun dressing alike. |
![]() |
| I got this nice mum for $2.90 and a Shasta Daisy for $1 |
![]() |
| Got this beautiful mum for the same price. |
I had set my alarm for 5:45, but it didn’t go off. I woke up at 6:45, so hurried and got ready then left for Vikki’s at 7:30. My GPS was telling me to turn the opposite was that I knew to go, so I kept going my way. It did it again at the next road, so I put the address in Maps again. Then when I got on M-46 it told me to turn in 3 miles the opposite direction I knew to go. I turned my phone off then on again to see if it would start working. Come to find out, it was trying to have me go back a half mile and then cut over so I wouldn’t need to go 4 miles out of my way. It was working all the time but didn’t let me know it was because of a detour. It was so beautiful out and such a nice day for a ride. Lots of fall colors in the trees now. I got to Grand Haven and the GPS said I had arrived in Grand Rapids, but that was it. No directions to my friend's house. I pulled off the road and put her address in again. I got back on the main road and it told me to make a u turn ahead. I did that and when I was going the other direction it told me to make another u turn. It told me again to make a u turn. I decided I didn’t want to go in circles, so kept going in the direction I thought was the right way. Then it told me to make a u turn in 3.8 miles. I decided to keep going as some things were looking familiar. It took me to where the u turn was and it was the right u turn to go back to the road a little ways back that was the road I needed to get to her house. I had called her and she was waiting in the driveway for me to show me where to park. We went in the house, I used the restroom, then we left to go to Holland downtown and shop. It was kind of funny, because she got lost on the way there and ended up on the wrong side of town and not where she wanted to go. She turned around and we made it to the downtown area. We parked and then walked around town and went in some shops. Kenzie called me and we talked for a while. I found a cute blue bird that dangles from a spring. We ate at the Top Hat and had burgers and tomato basil soup. The soup was delicious, but we both didn’t like the burgers. We had a real nice waitress though, so gave her a nice tip. We stopped at a huge greenhouse and got great deals on mums. They had so many cheap perennials. We went back to Vikki’s house after that and had a bowl of ice cream. She got new granite countertops put in and a sunken sink which looks really nice. Her hubby also put a cabinet in where the built in desk used to be. They have a beautiful home. We all sat in the living room and had a nice visit. We decided Bill should come with me next time, so he and Terry can visit. They are good friends.
I wanted to leave at 4 so I would be back before dark. Vikki asked Terry if he wanted to go with her to lead me to an exit that would save me time and going through town. He told me she just wanted him to drive so she didn’t get lost. We didn’t mention us both getting lost earlier today lol. I was thankful they took me the country fast way to this exciting. I did much better going home, because I knew my GPS was giving me right directions. I called Bill to let him know I was getting close. When I got home he had me look in the refrigerator because he told me he picked up dinner for me. It was boiled cabbage, potatoes, carrots, and meat. He went to a Veterans gathering at the Moose today and that’s what they served for dinner. He said he really liked it. It was really good.
I read my Bible and did my prayer books, then I worked on my blog.




No comments:
Post a Comment