Thursday, October 8, 2026

Wed., 10/7/26, Cleaned bathrooms, cleaned camper, Bill took sister C to dentist, he brought me home a yummy donut, went to the showcase of Bands

Toast got his picture on these twice
Eli on crutches walking to the field edge where they had a chair set up for him and another injured student
The band did excellent and Eli did amazing.  He was bummed that he couldn’t march and so was I.  
Injured Eli and his injured buddy.  Not where he hoped to be for the marching band performance
Me and my Kimmy
Bill and Jared...a couple of handsome guys!
I was sure this was Iain, so I texted his mom a picture and told her we saw him.  She was in a class, but looked at the picture (it was a different picture than this) and said it wasn’t him.  Then I sent her this one and said it sure looks like him and she said it probably was. He was there she just didn’t know about it and wasn’t there.  He did an amazing job playing the drums.  I had him in my Sunday School class.  I was so happy I got to see him.  His mom texted me back and said he saw me in the bleachers.

I got up and got ready and read my Bible and did my prayer book.  Bill was gone by the time I got up because he had to take his sister to the dentist.  I got busy cleaning bathrooms good and washed rugs.  I moved some summer stuff upstairs to the closet.          

Bill got home and he surprised me and brought me a yummy donut called a Yum Yum.  That is exactly what they are.  They were from our favorite bakery.   In the evening we went to Taco Bell on our way to see Eli in the showcase of bands.  We ordered, then the girl came back and asked me what I had said I didn’t want on taco and then asked Bill what he had said he didn’t want.  I didn’t want sauce and he didn’t want cheese.  We asked for senior drinks and she gave us large cups instead of small ones.  Then it took 20 minutes and our order still wasn’t finished.  She said it would be soon.  Bill went and got the Jeep and was waiting by the door.  I asked the girl if our order was done yet and she looked and came and apologized and said she handed our order out the drive through window.  I told her we had to be somewhere so she said it would only take 3 minutes.  The guy made them in 3 minutes.  She also gave us both cards for a free taco of any kind.  I hurried out and got in the Jeep.  Bill had to turn the opposite direction because there was so much traffic, then he turned around and went back the other way.  We sure didn’t know where all of those cars were coming from.  Kimmy called just then and said the gates opened at 5:30 but the game didn’t start until 6.  We were happy to find out we had more time because We only had 15 minutes to get there if would have started at 5:30.  We were happy to hear we had more time.

It was such a nice night.  It was still 70 degrees at 8:30.  There have been times when we have used hand warmers.  We didn’t even need our blankets tonight.  Yay!
Jared made popcorn and Kimmy bagged it up and brought us some.  It sure tasted good.  We had our pops from Taco Bell so drank those there too.  Bill wore shorts and didn’t even get cold.  Nice night so sit and watch all of the bands.  They all sounded so good.  Of course, Mr. Shepherd’s band from Eli’s school sounded the best.  He does an amazing job with those kids.  We left after it was done and of course Bill had to try to beat Jared out of the parking lot and vise versa and had to see who made it home first.  Kimmy and Jared had to go to the school to get Eli so I guess it wasn’t too fair that we beat.  We sure had fun with them. 



 





 



No comments: