Saturday, May 7, 2016

5/7/16...Went on our Run for the Son ride to raise money for missions. So much fun. Stopped at Kimmy's too

Kevin, Vicky, Brian, Wes and Bill at Bill and Sabrina's getting ready for the Run for the Son ride to Clare

It was sprinkling out in Saginaw
So happy our bike was ready for us to pick up from the guy fixing it.  Left our car at Kimmy's and met the group in Sanford

Arrived at the Amish Home to have our meal

Inside where we ate dinner.  The little Amish boy in the picture had such cute curly hair.  


Jeff and Charlie.  Jeff just got home from Florida and North Carolina.  He was in the hospital in Florida and then several ER's on the trip to North Carolina.  His pace maker stopped which saved his life because someone found him in time, he fell and hit his head and got a brain bleed.  He got out of the hospital and while Vickey drove, he had seizers which landed him in different ER's.  He is a miracle.  3 years ago he fell out of a tree stand in the woods.  Was miraculously found, the ambulance made it back to where they could get him in time, and he recovered amazingly.  God has a plan for his life for sure.
This is the outside of the house....Vicky, Kevin, Kitty and Charlie
We went to the Colonville store and had fun going through it.  I bought a few things.  When we came out this is what we saw.......captions are underneath the pictures
This is what CMA people do after they eat a big meal.  Find a  glider rocker.  Pastor Bob Schultz and Brian

Renae and her hubby...they live about a mile from Kimmy and Jared.   They found a double glider

Kitty and Kenny found a swing

So happy to see Jacob, Adam and Eli

It was a beautiful day on the farm

Oscar the Ram is so cute with his bell.  It sounds wonderful

Clarence was so cute too

Kimmy and Jared's new lambs.  I cut Daisy's ear out of the picture.  Whoops.

Me and my boy Eli

I was laughing because these boys were to dirty to hug and even a little smelly.  I had been plugging my nose

Got serious for this picture with my boys!
Headed over to Bill and Sabrina's house at 8:30.  Stopped and put gas in the car as we had to take it because our motorcycle was being fixed in Midland.  I got gift cards to get the other boys Christmas presents for next year at Toys R Us.  Stopped at Tim Hortons and I got a blueberry muffin.  Bill didn't get anything for himself.  He did pick up a big box of donut holes to take to their house.   Got to Bill and Sabrina's and turned in our money.  Bill gave a thousand and I gave one hundred.  So thankful for all those who donated.  We visited with everyone and then Bill got a call saying our motorcycle was fixed.  I called Kimmy to see if we could leave my car at her house while we rode.  I headed over there after dropping Bill off to get the bike.  Got hugs from all the kids and talked with Kimmy for a few minutes and then Bill got there.  We left and the timing was perfect as we got to Sanford and the rest of the group was at the gas station.  It was sunny from Midland on so didn't even need rain gear.  The only problem we had is when Bill stopped the bike because his phone was falling out of the compartment on the bike.  It came all the way out right where he stopped.  Luis and Eva stopped to make sure we were ok.  Then we had to catch up to everyone else.  We got to the Amish farm and had chicken, ham, mashed potatoes, corn, noodles with chicken, homemade white and wheat bread with apple butter and homemade peanut butter.  Everything was so delicious.  We could have all we could eat too for $15.  I had angel food cake with strawberries and cool whip for dessert and Bill had cherry pie.  That was yummy too.  This was such a nice place to eat and will be a great memory. Rode back with the group until we got to Meridian Rd.  Then the couple who live by Kimmy and us went on our own.  Bill stayed a few minutes at Kimmy's and walked through the woods with Jared, Kimmy and I and then he left to go home and let Mocha out for me.  I stayed and visited and Kimmy and I went to the Nursery to pick up the plants I ordered from Jacob for his band fundraiser.  We had so much fun and I was so happy she went with me.  They had free popcorn and punch too.  Good thing Kimmy was with me.  It said I could pick out a 4 1/2 inch square or 4 inch round container.  We picked out 3 perennials and headed in.  We got the wrong size.  Went back and didn't see any and then checked again and they told us where they were.  Picked out three nice plants and then went back to Kimmy's. Was happy to see her new sheep, and all of the other animals, plus her pottery she was going to put in the Kiln.  Happy to get lots of steps walking there too.  Oh, and a swing for my swings to replace the baby swing.  Thank you Kimmy.  Got home and went and got Evan's birthday present and Max and Kimmy's 3 boys their Christmas presents for next year.  Dad and I watched a Hallmark movie when we got home.

No comments: